- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D including v4
- File size
- 35 MB
Once among the most important military bases in South Yorkshire, RAF Finningley played a major role in British aviation control during the 1960s. it was a major part of the regions own stations for the Royal Air Force and Royal Flying Corps, and for a long time played a key role in wars such as the Second World War and, to a lesser extent, the Cold War.
If you would like to add that extra touch of historical importance to your FSX and P3D experience, this is the ideal way to do so. With this, you can make it much, much easier to ensure you have extra scenery that relates to a different timeframe in history. By taking the 1960s version of the base, this will help to add another important military fixture to your map.
It’s going to have some Vulcans stationed here when you arrive, with both all-white anti-flash painting and camouflage paint used. If you want to make sure you have an authentic time when it comes to visiting an RAF base, this is the best way to make that so.
Also, please note that the Team SDB team behind this add-on sends a portion of all product revenues to the UK Charity, Help for Heroes. If you want to help represent the heroes of the present and the past, this is a worthwhile product indeed.
- An impressive take on the RAF Finningley base, built around the versions of the base at its most prominent in the 1960s.
- Immersive attention to detail, with a full complement of all key air base buildings such as hangers and support buildings for the greater use of space.
- Impressive custom ground overlays help to make sure that the landscape here fits perfectly with the kind of military base that Finningley was.
- Operational night lighting makes arriving here at the dead of the night much easier; make sure you can see where you are going with ease.
- Dynamic night lighting as per P3D V4 will make sure that you can always make sure you know where you are going, further improving the lighting available.
- Static and AI managed Avro Vulcan B Mk2 Bomber will make trips to and from the base, as well as sit stationed here whenever you are arriving.
- Also, a large collection of Bristol Bloodhound Mark II missiles can be found on-site, showing you the power of ammunition held on-site.