- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v3/v4
- File size
- 72 MB
RAF Little Rissington is an RAF aerodrome and former RAF station in Gloucestershire, England. Built during the Expansion Period of the 1930s the station officially opened in 1938 as a grass airfield. During 1942, three asphalt runways were installed and all were extended during the war. The base was used for flying training, aircraft maintenance, and aircraft storage and assembly.
In 1946 the Royal Air Force Central Flying School (CFS) moved to Little Rissington. The airfield also became the home to the RAF's aerobatics teams which included the Red Pelicans and later the Red Arrows and Vintage Pair. After the Central Flying School departed in 1977 the airfield was used by the Army until 1979. RAF Little Rissington was designated a satellite for RAF Brize Norton and RAF Benson. The airfield continues to remain active and is regularly used for elementary flying training, air drops, aircraft maintenance, and ground training.
The Team SDB scenery of RAF Little Rissington depicts the 1970s when the base was home to the RAF Central Flying School with Hunting Jet Provost T3 and Scottish Aviation Bulldog T1 trainers.
The scenery consists of:
- Full complement of hangars and support buildings
- Technical site and accommodation representative of the period
- Photo-real ground overlay works with Generation-X Scenery and/or FSX/P3D
- Operational night lighting
- Dynamic night lighting in Prepar3D v4
- Static Scottish Aviation Bulldog T1 trainers and Hunting Jet Provost T3 trainers
- The scenery object densities are scalable to suit most systems
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP w/SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold or SP2 required)
- or Dovetail Games FSX-SE
- or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
- CPU 2.4Ghz or better
- 2Gb RAM Minimum
- 512 MB DX9 or DX10 Graphics Card or better
- 70 MB for download, 83 MB for installation
Team SDB generously donates a portion of revenues from its products to UK Help for Heroes.