RAF Sculthorpe Scenery for FSX/P3D
RAF Sculthorpe was built as the second satellite airfield of RAF West Raynham. Work was begun in the spring of 1942 and the airfield was laid out as one of only two RAF heavy bomber airfields with the familiar wartime triangular three-runway layout. During the war Sculthorpe was host to units of the Free French Air Force, Royal New Zealand Air Force, Royal Australian Air Force, Royal Air Force Bomber Command, and the USAAF. In April 1944 the RAF and USAAF departed leaving Sculthorpe empty for its redevelopment. Sculthorpe was refurbished for USAF use during the Berlin Crisis in 1949 and in 1952 it became home for the 47th Bombardment Wing. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v3/v4
- File size
- 87 MB
- Team SDB
The Soviet Union's enormous conventional force in Eastern Europe after WWII posed a major problem for NATO. To counter this NATO expanded their tactical nuclear force by deploying the North American B-45 Tornado of the 47th Bomb Wing to Sculthorpe. The movement of the 47 BW and support units was the first unit deployment since World War II. By 1957 Sculthorpe was the biggest USAFE base in Europe. In May 1958, the re-equipment of the 47th BW began and Douglas B-66 Destroyers began to replace the North American B-45s.
This scenery of RAF Sculthorpe by Team SDB represents the base during the late 1950s while the units were transitioning from the B-45 to B-66.
The scenery consists of:
- Full complement of hangars and support buildings
- Technical site and accommodation representative of the period
- Photoreal ground overlay works with Generation-X Scenery and/or FSX/P3D
- Dynamic night lighting in Prepar3D v4
- Static Douglas B-66B, North American B-45, Lockheed Constellation and Republic F-84F Thunderstreak
- AI Douglas B-66B and Douglas C-47 (DC-3)
- The AI aircraft densities are scalable to suit most systems
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP w/SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold or SP2 required)
- or Dovetail Games FSX-SE
- or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
- CPU 2.4Ghz or better
- 2Gb RAM Minimum
- 512 MB DX9 or DX10 Graphics Card or better
- 86MB for download, 127MB for installation
Team SDB donates a portion of revenues from its products to UK Help for Heroes.
About Team SDB
Team SDB, a joint effort from developers based in the UK and USA but primarily consisting of Mike Dews in the UK and Frank Safranek in the USA have been developing flight simulator scenery add-ons for over a decade. Originally beginning with work published by Alphasim (Phil Perrott) also known for Virtavia, they now release independantly.
Team SDB generally focus on UK/US airfields, airbases and military precenses and bring them to life as scenery add-ons in the simulators. They have released many titles that have been well received by the community compatible with a range of simulators such FS2004, FSX and Prepar3D. They also have other projects releases such as aircraft carrier add-ons compatible with the latest sims.
Team SDB also hope to remaster and release their scenery add-on portfolio for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 release.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.