RAF Coltishall Scenery for FSX/P3D
As one of the major bases for the Royal Air Force during the 1980s, RAF Coltishall is in need of a remake. This Team SDB mod takes the airfield back to its 1980s heyday, making it stand out more than ever. Now, flying over Norfolk, you will spot this very particular airbase standing out among the crowd. First opened in 1938, the airbase was still used right up until its closure in 2006. In the end, it housed groups like the SEPECAT Jaguar before they left in 2006. Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (all versions)
- File size
- 42 MB
- Team SDB
The base shot eventually, and its famous motto – Aggressive in Defence – became a trademark shout within the RAF.
If you ever served in Coltishall or merely would like to head back to a time when the airbase was at its peak, this is the place to start. This comprehensive add-on brings back much-needed life and spark to the airbase, making it much easier to fly over and enjoy.
While it may no longer be part of British aviation, the airbase left a positive mark on many. Make sure that your trip over parts of Norfolk can feel a little more hospitable with the help of this comprehensive new add-on airbase.
- Known for its classic wrap-around camouflage, the airbase now keeps aircraft here that have this classic look to them. The bright markings and smart camo look make Coltishall look unique.
- A full and varied complement of technical sites and accommodation is added in, too. This helps to add in the size of the base to the right scale, with each building modeled on their 1980s look.
- A full selection of hangars and support buildings, too, come added to Coltishall. This makes it easy for the airbase to stand out from above and offers ample places to land.
- Improved night lighting ensures that you can arrive here with minimal fuss. The quality of the lighting ensures you can see where you are going, with the base visible lit up.Photorealistic ground textures fully compatible with Generation X scenery allows for a more robust airbase to appear. The ground looks far more representative of the real airbase.
- New navaids are included for Runway 22, with ILS 11.50 MHz and VOR/DME 116.50 MHz making it easier to make your way here.
- Static Sepecat Jaguar GR1, GR3, T2, and T4, with a visiting RAF C-130 here for good measure.
- Activate and AI-controlled Jaguar T2 and T4s are fully scalable to fit with most systems help to add extra life and energy to the airbase.
About Team SDB
Team SDB, a joint effort from developers based in the UK and USA but primarily consisting of Mike Dews in the UK and Frank Safranek in the USA have been developing flight simulator scenery add-ons for over a decade. Originally beginning with work published by Alphasim (Phil Perrott) also known for Virtavia, they now release independantly.
Team SDB generally focus on UK/US airfields, airbases and military precenses and bring them to life as scenery add-ons in the simulators. They have released many titles that have been well received by the community compatible with a range of simulators such FS2004, FSX and Prepar3D. They also have other projects releases such as aircraft carrier add-ons compatible with the latest sims.
Team SDB also hope to remaster and release their scenery add-on portfolio for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 release.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.