RAF Cottesmore Scenery for FSX/P3D
RAF Cottesmore is a former Royal Air Force station in Rutland, England. The base opened in 1938 and was used mainly for training. Later RAF Bomber Command took over the airfield again as a training station, a role which continued until 1943 when the United States Army Air Forces took over the facilities flying troop transport aircraft. Cottesmore was officially handed back to the RAF in July 1945, again as a training station. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v3/v4
- File size
- 82 MB
- Team SDB
In 1954 English Electric Canberras moved in but all had left by the end of 1955. In 1957 it was announced that Cottesmore would become a base for aircraft of the V bomber force. The first to arrive in April 1958 was 10 Squadron and their new Victor B.1 bombers. 15 Squadron followed in September with Victor B.1 and B.1A variants. The Victors carried out Nuclear Quick Reaction Alert (QRA) duties from 1962 until 1964 when the Victor Squadrons were disbanded and replaced by Vulcan equipped 9, 12 and 35 Squadrons until 1969.
The Team SDB scenery of RAF Cottesmore depicts the early 1960's when the base was home to Handley Page Victor V bombers of 10 and 15 Squadrons. The base is depicted as it might have looked in the 1960s.
The scenery consists of:
- Full complement of hangars and support buildings
- Technical site and accommodation representative of the period
- Photo-real ground overlay works with Generation-X Scenery and/or FSX/P3D *
- Operational night lighting
- Dynamic night lighting in Prepar3D v4
- Static and AI Handley Page Victor B.1 bombers
- Static Bristol Britannia transport and Gloster Javelin fighters (FSX) and Canberra bomber (P3Dv4)
- The scenery object densities are scalable to suit most systems
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP w/SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold or SP2 required)
- or Dovetail Games FSX-SE
- or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
- CPU 2.4Ghz or better
- 2Gb RAM Minimum
- 512 MB DX9 or DX10 Graphics Card or better
- 82 MB for download, 118 MB for installation
Team SDB generously donates a portion of revenues from its products to UK Help for Heroes.
About Team SDB
Team SDB, a joint effort from developers based in the UK and USA but primarily consisting of Mike Dews in the UK and Frank Safranek in the USA have been developing flight simulator scenery add-ons for over a decade. Originally beginning with work published by Alphasim (Phil Perrott) also known for Virtavia, they now release independantly.
Team SDB generally focus on UK/US airfields, airbases and military precenses and bring them to life as scenery add-ons in the simulators. They have released many titles that have been well received by the community compatible with a range of simulators such FS2004, FSX and Prepar3D. They also have other projects releases such as aircraft carrier add-ons compatible with the latest sims.
Team SDB also hope to remaster and release their scenery add-on portfolio for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 release.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.