RAF Church Fenton Scenery for FSX/P3D1 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D including v4
- File size
- 44 MB
As one of the most important air bases of its era in the United Kingdom, RAF Church Fenton was once a bastion of the North Yorkshire RAF. Indeed, this version of the air base is built on its time during the 1980s. While RAF Church Fenton was used for many roles and duties since it first opened in 1937, it was at one stage a major training station.
It closed in 2013 and is today known as Leeds East Airport; a popular civilian airport which is used for all manner of flights across the Yorkshire region. If you would like to make sure that you fly from this air base when it still held a clear military use and distinction, though, this add-on is a must for P3D and FSX users.
Indeed, the airport arguably played its most important during the Second World War, when it was a crucial air defense aircraft base. It maintained that important role until the 1960s when it slowly transformed into a more general-purpose training air base.
Today, it’s still used by the Church Fenton Squadron Air Training Corps. If you would rather that it was much busier and filled with proper military memorabilia, though, you can easily make that change today. download this add-o, and you can enjoy flying in an old-school air base that still holds a popular use today. from being used in popular ITV dramas like Victoria to serving the civilian public well, RAF Church Fenton has been a major part of the aviation scene regionally with good reason.
Also, please note that the Team SDB team behind this add-on sends a portion of all product revenues to the UK Charity, Help for Heroes. If you want to help represent the heroes of the present and the past, this is a worthwhile product indeed.
- Smart scenery object density scaling allows for a high level of performance without any limitations: choose the density to suit your machine.
- A full addition of all the in-era hangers and locations that would be needed on an RAF base of the 1980s.
- New and improved technical sites and accommodation included, following the technological era that this is based upon.
- Impressive photorealistic ground overlays help to make sure you are left with textures that work in conjunction with the likes of Generation-X scenery, and default scenery.
- Operational night lighting that makes a big difference in the way that you fly, should you choose to leave RAF Church Fenton at night.
- Dynamic night lighting comes fully equipped with Prepar3D V4 SDK requirements.
- Scottish Aviation Bulldog T1 trainers sit static, while Hunting Jet Provost T3 trainers also hang around alongside Hawker Hunters.
Rated 4.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
4/5 Verified Purchase
excellent scenery but no air cadet hut at start of runway 6 taxiway. would have liked animated traffic similar to binbrook!