Piper PA-22 Tri Pacer for X-Plane2 reviews
The Piper PA-22 Tri-Pacer is part of the wider PA-20 range of aircraft of the Piper Aircraft collection. First produced in the late 1940s and 1950s, the aircraft enjoyed a long lifespan with production lasting until 1964. That 14-year spell seen over 9,400 of the models developed for various purposes. Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- X-Plane 10.50 or higher and X-Plane 11
- File size
- 350 MB
Known for being a sturdy and rugged aircraft, it came with a very spacious cabin and bulk. However, despite the strength and staying power, it provided the PA-22 Tri-Pacer was very quick. It’s for this reason – the fact it’s so well-balanced – that to this day many pilots still enjoy the challenge of flying a Tri-Pacer.
It’s an aircraft that maintains regular use in various different industries and backgrounds. Now, you can make the most of the Tri-Pacer’ versatility and try it out in X-Plane 11’ engine.
However, with that said, X-Plane users can now enjoy one of the most creative takes on this impressive aircraft in some time. Developed to work within the confines of X-Plane 10.50 and 11, this creates an immersive experience that historians and veterans should find very nostalgic indeed.
- Totally revamped and optimized to be of full use within X-Plane 11.
- Makes full use of X-Plane 11’ realism to help improve flight dynamics, characteristics, and overall usage.
- Customized sounds make sure you are never just reliant on the image itself; now, you can use the sounds to better diagnose any potential issues mid-flight.
- A fully optimized model that is compatible with 64-bit hardware. For those running X-Plane 11 at full, this should not look out of place.
- Totally GoodWay compatible.
- Superb visual detail helps to create impressive material shines and reflections using Physically Based Rendering, a feature new to X-Plane 11.
- Model detail is as close to the Tri-Pacer as is likely possible, too. From small cosmetics in the cockpit seating to the scale of the model itself, this is very close to reality.
- Volumetric side-view prop effect makes it easy for you to take cinematic snaps as you fly. Great for promotional imagery and for personal collections.
- Impressive and accurately produced flight dynamics helps to make sure that performance, as well as visuals, helps to make the PA-22 Tri-Pacer as inviting as it can be.
- FPS-optimized to help deliver an aircraft that is easy to use on medium-tier machines with relative ease.
About AlabeoView all products/add-ons by Alabeo.
Rated 4.0/5.0 based on 2 customer reviews
The model is highly detailed and flies realistically (I have flown real Tri-Pacers) However I am extremely disappointed in the panel lighting. It is so bad that Alabeo had to jury rig a couple of lighting switches that are often necessary even during daytime flights. These switches are useless though if you set the new flight to night time. On entering you are greeted with a black screen and no way to even find the panel light switches. Bottom line it was a waste of my money and you have no recourse. Don't buy it if you like night flights.
5/5 Verified Purchase
This is an aircraft that is simple to fly, its basics at its best and a joy in VR, love the textures and the worn look on some of the paint themes. If you are wanting to fly low and slow and enjoy an uncomplicated experience then this little vintage model is one I highly recommend.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.