Helgoland v2.0 for FSX
For users of the old Helgoland X mod, you might think it’s time to upgrade. This new edition for Flight Simulator X is a must-have for those who want to update this island and make it feel even more realistic. Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition
- File size
- 130 MB
The work that has gone into making v2 as detailed as possible helps to build on the original. New textures, attention to detail on the minor issues and updates to modernize the island all exist. Large parts of the island have been re-structured from scratch, too.
The East coast has been reworked, too, making sure that the old sand dunes are removed. This makes it easy to get to the southern side of the airport, where once this was surrounded by serious environmental change. This looks to build upon that change and really capture the difference.
Helgoland is a location that has become a poster child for green energy and conservation. This update tries to show that off, with offshore wind parks now visible even from afar. The old SAR base has been modernized, too, further helping to bring Helgoland into 2018. Come out to sea and see the genuine beauty and depth of Helgoland and its current green revolution.
If you used v1 of this mod, then you should notice that v2 modernizes outdated issues and rejuvenates the entire region. Perfect for those who enjoy sea-based trips and spending time at challenging airfields that makes landing a genuine challenge.
- New and improved attention to detail with the scenery making Helgoland look just as it should.
- 1m resolution mesh allows even the most insignificant dunes stand out near the airport with crisp detail.
- The high-level detail that is never let down by weak or throttled performance.
- Animated birds in the sky help to add life and atmosphere – just watch where you fly!
- New sounds linked in with the scenery allows for a much more individual experience.
- Shipping traffic comes in and out of the isle, making it easy for the location to look as busy as it should.
- The Helgoland Dune Airfield has been edited to fit with the most specific and particular features requested.
- New SAR Helicopter base is included as part of the Germany Navy. You will start a rescue mission from here.
- German Navy frigates move around in the water, and you can land on them if you can get the timing right!
- New missions are here to take part in, giving you a chance to see Helgoland at it’s very best.
- The aerial imagery used to help lock in every last inch of detail that you could possibly need.
- A total transformation of Duene Island’ layout. Everything changes from the location to the weather effects, including new 5cm/pixel high-resolution textures for the utmost appeal.
- New island cliffs are added to help further improve and add to the attention to detail expected.
- New aerial imagery follows 2018 standards to help make sure that a trip here looks as authentic as possible.
- Offshore energy companies ow appear in the sea with that added touch of realism, showing you the thriving nature of the industry here.
- New wind parks and platforms, complete with usable helipads, all appear across the island.
- Offshore maintenance heliport is found at SAR Airport, fully usable.
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.