Helgoland Scenery for Aerofly FS 2
Fly over Helgoland by accident, and you might find it easy to mistake yourself for being in the most rural parts of Scandinavia. This, though, is a rich and very affluent part of Germany that can be one of the most exciting places to come and visit in Aerofly FS 2. This interesting take on a very popular piece of landscape isn’t just down to the cool architecture and the charming, loveable style of the general area; it also comes down to the history of the region. Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Aerofly FS 2
- File size
- 330 MB
For example, this once was a shared location between that of Denmark and Sachsen. In 1807, it fell under British rule and that lasted until 1890. Then, it was exchanged with the Germans, traded for Zanzibar. The German’ seen Helgoland as a vital location, and thus used it as a heavily fortified location.
Eventually, though, after the Second World War (during which the airport was built), the island was evacuated and became a major target of British bombardment. This lasted until 1947 when the British dropped what some claim is the biggest non-nuclear strike in human history. All surplus ammo was blown up on the island, causing the island itself to be shaken to its foundations.
Today, a massive crater still exists – and you can see it in all of its glory. This island today has become a major tourist trap, and now you can come and see why. From the immense amount of damage that was done here in the past to the picturesque beauty that Helgoland provides today, it makes a worthwhile add-on to your FS 2 collection.
- Impressive scenery additions which look to work on as many buildings as is possible for the best aesthetic appeal.
- 1m resolution mesh is used to help make even the smallest of sand dunes stand out from afar.
- New features including the population of the town, with everything from chairs and fascines on the beaches to ship traffic and ground traffic helping to make Helgoland come alive.
- SAR helicopter and an off-shore base are included, too, which can be flown to and even landed on if you wish. the Mittleplatte oil rig is also included, too, alongside offshore wind farms.
- The Helgoland-Dune Airport is included, complete with its comically short runways which should pose an interesting challenge to pilots.
- Detailed aerial imagery that adds to the aesthetic appeal of enjoying a trip over Helgoland.
- Free scenery added to help cover large parts of the mainland.
- The German and English manual provided for easy referencing of details.
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.