Helgoland Scenery for X-Plane
A trip to the German island of Helgoland might just be one of the most enjoyable trips that you could make in X-Plane 11. This interesting island is the only island in the open sea that belongs to Germany, and for that reason should be very fun to come to visit. Read more...
- X-Plane 11
- File size
- 500 MB
X-Plane 11 users, though, might feel let down by the distinct lack of detail. With this new add-on, you can put an end to that problem in a matter of moments.
This recreates the island in close and attentive detail ensuring that it finally stands out from the masses of sea and land all around it.
Over the millennia, nature has done a lot of landscaping work on the isle of Helgoland. This looks to make sure that everything from the high sand dunes blocking RWY21 is removed, with the southern side of the Helgoland airport now the location where the waves snap and smash across the tip of the runway.
Part of what makes a trip to Helgoland so special is the environmentally conscious nature of the island.
You will find that a trip here now includes these green elements, from offshore wind farms to an offshore helipad. You can easily fly a helicopter to and from this helipad, making it easy for you to fly above the high-reaching waves of Helgoland and see it for yourself in all of its glory.
So, why not join others in landing a BN-2 Islander here? It's the only aircraft that will fit on the immensely short runways that make up Helgoland, after all. Try it out for yourself to enjoy a rewarding but hugely challenging landing in all of its glory.
- Impressive use of aerial imagery to recreate the ground floor of Helgoland like never before, using 1m mesh resolution to help get even the smallest of dunes.
- Helgoland-Dune Airfield included, complete with the challenging but enjoyable runways to try and land on.
- New airport buildings are included with the package, including airport buildings such as air traffic control towers with transparent windows.
- Customized autogen and vegetation included making the wider area look much more professional and enjoyable to fly over.
- High-performance standards ensure that you can fly over Helgoland without seeing any drop-off in visual performance
- New ground traffic, air traffic, ship traffic, and 3D people move around the location to help it look like the busy tourist hotspot that Helgoland is.
- Fly over the offshore harbor and wind farms, complete with helipads to make sure that you can land here without any issue.
- Fully landable German Navy frigate that sits in the water for you to gain access to, as well as an SAR helicopter from the German Navy.
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.