English Electric Lightning T5 for FSX/P3D1 reviews
For users who enjoy military grade aircraft, the Aerosoft remake of the Electric Lightning provides an interesting, rewarding challenge. Certainly not for beginners, this is a complex and challenging aircraft that requires intense micromanagement to fly safely. With multiple systems that require a full understanding of modern electronics in aviation, veteran military pilots should find an interesting challenge waiting for them here. Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v3
- File size
- 340 MB
Landing takes a huge amount of effort thanks to the incredible landing speeds, and safe flight requires constant monitoring of systems. For studious pilots, this offers a fine chance to really challenge yourself with an aircraft very much different to what one might expect.
If you would like to try a loud, rapidly fast aircraft then the Electric Lightning T5 might just be an option.
As part of this download, users will get access to the English Electric Lightning T5 interceptor aircraft. Alongside this, you get four major models to pick from alongside fourteen liveries split across each model. This includes the T5, T55 and T55K models of the class of aircraft, offering variety.
You can choose from your own firepower, too. Users can, if they have access to the TacPack add-on, make use of both Firestreak or Redtop missiles depending on personal preference. A whole new and freshly coded brake chute has been included, too, alongside a new re-fuelling rate in line with reality (TacPack required).
Full Autopilot and Flight Director features are now part of the system, too. Users who may enjoy the use of an aircraft for cinematic shots and rapid autopilot flights may find comfort here.
Full navigation is included with Direct TACAN, ILS and ADF models at the same time. A new radar system was conceptualized, too. This offers simpler management of what you can see, with coastlines, runways, and air traffic shown alongside attack radar (TacPack only) functionality.
For users who wish to know more, you receive a lot of literature to read through. From reference cards to recommended settings, you should find it easy to set up your Electric Lightning T5. Make sure you fully understand each part of the aircraft before you take to the skies!
- Authentic details included for each of the modes, with specific and fresh animations included and coded from scratch.
- All flight instruments programmable into simulation has been included with 3D development adding to realism as well as functionality.
- Realistic flight dynamics helps this aircraft to carry that wild, almost untamed, power that the English Electric Lightning T5 is recognized for.
- Ground equipment is included pre-takeoff to help further enhance the attention to detail provided.
- Wing-to-wing fuel transfers make it easy for you to move fuel around the aircraft.
- Arrester hooks, overwing tanks, gun tank models are all included as part of the wider package.
- Authentic new taxi lighting makes it easy to see what you are doing at all times.
- Aerosoft sound modules are included, with everything creating a sound when you react to it, adding to the immersion of the overall flight experience.
- Special effects such as engine flames add to the depth of experience, creating a far more realistic looking experience for cinematic and dramatic effect.
- Ejection sequences available for if you make a mistake you cannot get out of!
- In-flight refueling to make sure you can always make your destination.
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
This is an exelent down load,easy to install,its going to make you think and practice a lot,
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.