English Electric Lightning F3 X for FSX/P3D1 reviews
The English Electric Lightning was designed in the late 1950`s as an interceptor. This class of aircraft had to have great speed and even better climb speed to intercept the Russian bombers before they could reach their targets. The Lightning most certainly is fast and was in fact the first aircraft that could do supercruise, meaning it could fly supersonic without the use of afterburner. Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D
- File size
- 240 MB
The F3 version in this product is not an easy aircraft to fly. It’s complex and full of systems you have to manage without the aid of modern electronics. Landing especially is hard as the landing speed is awfully high and there are many things you have to check.
Aircraft of this type are rare for Flight Simulator and we feel the Lightning fills a niche that needed filling.
- Two models and 10 liveries included
- Highly detailed and accurate modeling with specialized animations throughout
- All instruments are faithfully reproduced in 3D
- Advanced flight dynamics
- Choice of Firestreak or Redtop missiles (or none)
- Cockpit ladder and array of ground equipment
- Customized taxi lights
- Multi zoned dimmable cockpit lighting
- More realistic brake chute by use of additional coding
- Realistic in-flight refueling rate (Refueling can take place when set parameters are reached to simplify the task for the less experienced fliers)
- Wing to wing fuel transfer
- Aerosoft Sound Module that adds sound to switches, controls and events for a more immersive environment. Engine sounds recorded during ground runs at the LPG (Lightning Preservation Group)
- Navigation in Direct TACAN and ILS modes (VOR/TACAN conversion card included)
- Full Autopilot and Flight Director
- Radar showing coastlines, runways and/or air traffic
- Many special effects including engine start, engine fires and day and night reheat etc
- Ejection sequence (for when things go badly wrong)
- Extensive documentation with authentic Flight Reference Cards for Normal and Emergency procedures, and a set of Pilots notes all reproduced from the service Air Publications, and a manual to explain specific usages in the simulator
- Bonus model of a Mk1A/2 exterior included especially for repainters (74 and 56 Firebirds Sqn. liveries) Note:- External model only, VC remains Mk3
- TacPack compatible
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
It is the best add on I have for FSX. English Electric Lightning FMK3 is gorgeous
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.