Dornier Do 228 100 HD Series for FSX/P3D6 reviews
*Fully compatible with P3Dv5 however please follow the installation instructions here. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v3, v4, v5*
- File size
- 510 MB
For fans of German aviation, it may be of little surprise to you that the Dornier Do 228 100 is among the most popular aircraft of the 1980s.
Still in regular and active service today, the Dornier Do 228 100 has become a common choice for all manner of different purposes. It's a commonly used twin-turboprop aircraft, often used for various utility needs.
Developed from 1981-1998, the Dornier Do 228 100 played a major role in the growth of the Fairchild-Dornier group. With over 60 of the aircraft still in professional airline service, too, this is an aircraft with more than just a novel appeal.
If you want to try and fly a proper turboprop aircraft with plenty of power, hop into the cockpit.
The immense power and unique versatility of this craft easily make it one of the most enjoyable you will fly.
Designed with immense accuracy and attention to detail, too, this is almost certain to capture the Dornier Do 228 100 with every feature that you would require to test it to its very limits.
Note: Please note that there are no 2D panels included with this package.
- Fully compatible with FSX, FSX: Steam Edition and P3D versions 2.5, 3 and 4.
- New and improved aircraft with major features such as Flight1 GTN 750 and RealityXP GNS530 (sold individually).
- 4096 x 4096 textures make it easier than ever for you to enjoy a rich and satisfying aircraft.
- 32-bit sounds included for the Dornier Do 228 100, with 3D sounds used to help improve immersion and accuracy of sound placement.
- Original Dornier Do 228 100 autopilots have been included for easier control of the aircraft.
- Bespoke panels for controlling the transparency of windows, instrument reflections and static elements can make a huge difference.
- Tested out by real pilots to help make sure the aircraft performance, weight, and balance feel just right.
- Night lighting included helping make sure you can get the best visibility and make use of every feature in the cockpit.
- Full integration with major new start lock systems, as well as simulation of the TPE-331-5 engines, included as part of the original Dornier Do 228 100.
- Cold and Dark start-up option for those who like to start up their aircraft with a touch of realism.
- Users will pick up a series of new liveries, with 6 HD liveries and a blank livery included for your own creation.
- Numerous guides are included, too. From checklist guides to performance tables and reference PDFs, you can learn to fly the Dornier Do 228 100 with ease.
- Assistance for using the MFD, FMS, and GNS530 from Carenado is provided in a PDF format.
- Recommended Settings booklet for your use to help get the best performance from your simulator.
Carenado is a household name in the flight sim industry. If you're bought flight sim payware add-ons before, you've likely heard of Carenado. Founded in 2001 by Fernando Herrera, Carenado has covered aircraft add-ons for FS98 right up to the brand new MSFS release of 2020. Carenado is based in Santiago, Chile, and has a team of developers, designers, and 3D modelers.
Known for the prop and turboprop models that they are famous for and have focused on, they also have small business jets in their add-on portfolio too. They have even developed a model for the Dassault Falcon 50EX - likely their largest.
They have received numerous awards and accolations in the flight sim community over the years. Their support team are always on-hand and responses are always answered in timely manner.
Rated 4.3/5.0 based on 6 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
The Dornier 228-100 is the best plane I have seen. It does definitely work superbly in FSX SE as mentioned in the description. Nearly all planes should work if you set the correct installation path. This one does it for you and is a breeze to install into the Stream addition. If you like vintage turbo props with a bit of newer technology like GPS thrown in then this is for you. It runs very smoothly with no noticeable drop in frame rates. I am running Orbx EU, Wales, Scotland with REX Direct Texture at the recommended settings and with my dual core CPU, 4Gb RAM, and 1Gb video card (getting on in years a bit now) it is still a great smooth plane to fly. As far as price is concerned SimShack are at least £10 cheaper than anywhere else. Not just for this item either. Purchase and download was very easy and quick from the secure SimShack website. I can highly recommend this item and this seller and they are now bookmarked for future purchases.
4/5 Verified Purchase
This aircraft is fantastic fun to fly. I have found that whilst the complexity of the systems are fairly simple, it is also complex enough to keep you engaged, and is satisfying when you get it right. I have had this running in Prepar3d V4 without issue and it has become my go-to prop aircraft for the short haul routes. It is also priced fantastically compared to other aircraft of the same quality.
The only criticism I can find at this time is I would have liked further documentation on this aircraft as I found myself searching youtube for guides on Startup procedures to get going.
Apart from the above, I would reccomend this to anyone looking for a fun prop-liner that isn't too complex that you will be put off.
4/5 Verified Purchase
Fun airplane to fly. STOL capabilities are impressive. I can approach an unprepared or remote strip at 65kts with excellent control authority. Top speed obviously suffers for the STOL trade off, you can expect to cruise around 140-160 kts, dep. on alt. overall though, eh I wouldn't have minded waiting on a sale to get this one.
3/5 Verified Purchase
Cockpit is not as detailed as the video shows it . Once again no clear cut view of autopilot buttons have no way of finding any kind of instruction manual. Hard to see anything on the instrument panel it's drag your mouse around and hope something pops up. Sorry not overly impressed
5/5 Verified Purchase
Very nice plane , very good simu .Quality Crenado a other great model plane
5/5 Verified Purchase
A device very well done, graphic very well a good choice to learn to fly.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.