- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (all versions including v4)
- File size
- 48 GB
When setting up a trip to the United States one of the most commonly visited places is The Centennial State: Colorado. However, FSX and P3D users might be saddened to see how limited the default Colorado is. Without much of its famous mountainous landscape and stunning natural locations, Colorado can feel quite empty. If you want to make a trip here more enjoyable, this Mega Scenery package will make doing so much simpler.
Now, you can take a trip over modern Colorado. With imagery taken from the best aerial imagery and topography, you will find that flying border to border is now much more enjoyable. The accuracy is unerring, with 1m/pixel imagery making sure that you can cover all 104,093 square miles of Colorado – and all of its 272 airports.
This allows for you to be able to fly over Colorado and just take in a little more. From the stunning 14,000ft mountain peaks, the average level of elevation across the state is 6,800ft – the highest of any state. If you want that to become more apparent, though, this mod really places the emphasis on just how much there is to see from the sky.
Also, this makes use of impressive AtmosCLEAR™ technology. This helps to make the image processing part of the add-on much faster, whilst reducing any atmospheric haze. This makes sure that you are left with a much cleaner image, with the right kind of color contrast.
Not only that, but you will see a huge change in the entire region when you during the evening. Both day and night textures are included, making sure that you spot a visible change during evening day.
On top of that, you can see any 5sq km water body perfectly etched in, pixel-by-pixel, thanks to complete Colorado hydrography accuracy.
- Highly impressive, transformative takes on major Colorado cities such as Boulder, Denver, Colorado Springs, Aurora, Lakewood, Arvada, and Fort Collins.
- New and improved water bodies which cover major landmarks like John Martin Reservoir, Blue Mesa Reservoir, and the Grand Lake.
- Hills and mountains are much more accurate an in-scale, from the 14,000ft Mount Elbert to the likes of Mount Harvard, Mount Massive and Blanca Peak.
- An impressive 50 mountainous regions make it in: anything over 14,000ft will be included with total accuracy and attention to detail.
- A whole host of new and improved National Forests such as Pike, Arapaho, Grand Mesa, Gunnison, Routt, San Isabel and San Juan to name but a few.
- Major national grassland areas make it, too, ensuring that the flowing nature and scale of Colorado is felt in the closest possible detail.
- Other major rivers are added, too, making sure that you can see the likes of the Rio Grande, Arkansas River, South Platte River, and Colorado River stand out.
- Other major highlights include key Colorado landmarks such as Aspen.
- New and improved sectional charts and terminal area charts which cover the likes of Cheyenne, Denver, and Wichita.
- New FAA aeronautical charts for Colorado come fully equipped for usage, in an easy to read PDF FORMAT.
- IFR charts are included, too, all of which make it very easy for you to keep things moving forward in the right way.
- Approach charts and airport diagrams look outstanding, all provided in a 477-page PDF booklet.
- Airport facility directories are also included, with a 46-page PDF booklet provided.