- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (all versions including v4)
- File size
- 35 GB
Taking a trip to The Yellowhammer State should be a real joy for any flight simulator. However, with the setups found over in The Heart of Dixie in FSX and P3D, you might be feeling let down. However, you don’t need to feel like that much longer: with the help of this Mega Scenery add-on, you can add a much-needed scale of life and attentiveness to the whole region in an instant.
With the help of this add-on, you can make sure that your trips to the wide open plains of Alabama become easier than ever before. Using photorealistic scenery from as recent as 2017, this helps to add some depth and scale to parts of the state which simply did not exist before. With an impressive 1m/pixel resolution throughout, it’s very easy to enjoy flying through Alabama in this whole new take on it.
The scenery becomes much brighter and more interesting to fly over, while the new and improved scenery uses topographical data and aerial imagery to make a more accurate, authentic Alabama. If you want to make sure that you enjoy this unique part of the USA, this covers a whopping 52,419 square miles of Alabaman space to fly over and enjoy.
Indeed, with the highest peak in the region, Cheaha Mountain, standing at 2,382ft, you can find that this is a relatively flat state to fly over. Fear not, though; this does more than just fill in mountains. Installing this add-on pack will make popular Alabaman cities such as Huntsville, Montgomery, and Mobile transform into the right kind of establishment.
Add in the army of new forests, lakes, and waterways that come to life, and 6 major interstate highways, and the once empty state of Alabama can soon begin to feel far more life-like today.
- Set up to be a fantastic flight experience whether you choose to fly during day or night: the scenery is set to help make sure you get a much more authentic display all-day.
- New and improved AtmosCLEAR™ technology allows for very impressive post-production imagery that helps to create a much more realistic atmosphere.
- The Alabama hydrography is here, too, making sure that all of the water looks as clear and as realistic as it possibly can – pixel by pixel for the greatest accuracy.
- One of the major changes that this scenery package makes is that it transforms the cities of Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile, Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, and Hoover.
- It also adds key new lakes and bodies of water like Wilson Lake, Guntersville Lake, Lake Martin, Lay Lake and even the Gulf of Mexico shoreline.
- New and improved mountain and hill regions add more authentic detail to the state, with the likes of Cheaha Mountain, Talladega Mountain, Odum Point, and others transform.
- New state parks are included, too, with the likes of Conecuh National Forest, Talladega National Forest, and William Bankhead National Forest all added in style.
- Major rivers are included, with the likes of Tennessee, Alabama, Chattahoochee, Tombigbee, Conecuh, and Cahaba added to great effect.
- Includes a whole new host of airline charts that should make it much easier to fly around all of Alabama, with a 46-page airport facility directory and 312-page approach books chart.
- Altitude charts and sectional charts included working from places like New Orleans, Memphis, and Atlanta.