- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition and Prepar3D (including v4)
- File size
- 110 MB
Carenado's Cessna Grand Caravan package for Microsoft Flight Simulator X will not disappoint any flight simulator user. With advanced 3D animations and high definition textures, this is the ultimate Cessna Caravan package for FSX and Prepar3D.
High Definition quality textures (2048 x 2048) - Five different paint schemes plus a blank texture. Customizable panel for controlling seat configuration, windows transparency, 3D Knobs, Cargo Pod, Doors opening and many Eyes candies (wheel chokes, pitot cover, tail stand and sights prop) - Original HQ digital stereo sounds recorded directly from a real PT6A (Pratt & Whitney Canada) engine – Custom Bendix/King Weather Radar and original GNS 430 - Pop up C208B Grand Caravan manual with normal & emergency Checklist - Tested by real C208B pilots - Realistic night lights effect on virtual cockpit
- external dynamic shadows
- internal dynamic shadows on VC
- volumetric normal mapping
- specular mapping and bloom lights
- Polygon optimized model
- Friendly FPS
- Autopilot installed
- Interactive virtual cockpit
- Full moving parts: Ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps, rolling wheels and trim tab
- Animated sections such as: propeller, doors, windows, sun visors, copilot seat and pilot
- Lights: Navigation lights, landing and taxi lights
- 3D modeled pilot, cockpit area and passenger cabin area
- This model doesn't have a 2D panel
- Realistic light effects on gauges
- Nightlight effects on panel
- Separate switches for instruments lights and cabin light
- Toggle yoke
- Real behavior compared to the real airplane
- Real weight and balance
- PDF documents: Normal and Emergency Checklist, GNS430 User Guide, Weather Radar Manual, C208B Reference, AVSS manual and VC diagram.
About the flight dynamics
Flight dynamics and real behavior of C208B Grand Caravan have been tested by three C208B real pilots.
Being a very versatile aircraft, the C208B was tested in several conditions, different weathers and different types of airfields. Putting special attention in every aspect of flight such as: takeoff, climb, cruise, descend, landing, taxi and fuel consumption.
After several months of testing, Carenado C208B flight dynamics have been approved by all our pilots.
Real C208B pilots
Captain Daniel Díaz M.
Captain Díaz has more than 2000 hours in a real C208B. He flies daily in a regional airline in many different conditions and into different types of fields.
"As a C208B Grand Caravan real pilot, I can certify Carenado C208B is a loyal representation of the actual aircraft. Flight dynamics are very accurate, aircraft handling is very close to reality and the visual representation is excellent. This is a truly representation of a rock solid work horse!"
- Mokulele airlines (FAR135 commuter airline)
- C208B captain
- 1824 hours of C208 time, and growing everyday.
- Experiencer Beta tester.
- Kreg has been flying for a Commuter airline for over 2 years, flying into a variety of airfields and airspaces in varying weather conditions.
"Carenado has been known for its attention to detail, and the Grand Caravan for FSX is no exception. A lot of flight testing went into this plane to ensure that, within the limitations of FSX, the closest flight profile could be delivered to flight simmers. As far as texturing goes, Carenado is right up there among the best, and it shows on the Caravan as it is about perfect when it comes to the that department. The animations and eye candy are top notch too! If you want the best C208 experience you can get in FSX, you've found it!"
"Carenado made a huge leap in advanced addons and their new Caravan is incredible. It has high def textures given it an excellent look, realistic sounds, and customizable features such as changing the cabin seat layout, add or remove the cargo pod, and the ability to turn on static parking objects like cones, dust excluders, and a tow cart. Despite high def textures it runs fairly well and flies nicely. The VC is very nice and has working weather radar which is new for Carenado." - FlightSim