C208B Grand Caravan HD-Series for X-Plane3 reviews
Now released from Carenado is their stunning C208B Grand Caravan add-on aircraft for X-Plane. Read more...
- X-Plane 11
- File size
- 500 MB
The C208B Grand Caravan, short-haul regional airliner and utility aircraft, makes its way to the simulated environments of X-Plane in stunning HD thanks to the dedicated work of the Carenado team. Users of X-Plane will be able to benefit from this fully loaded add-on package and enjoy this successful derivative of the Super Cargomaster.
Brand new plug-in controlled 3D sounds create a true to life feeling by being both incredibly accurate and changing depending on the environment making your experience in the 3D cockpit area all the more enjoyable. The sounds you hear when the doors are open, for instance, will not be the same as the sounds you hear when the door is closed; the PT6 engine becomes more muffled as the sound is dampened. Similarly, if you crack a window, the effect falls somewhere in between.
The cockpit itself is very well modeled, highly detailed and equipped with an original KFC150 and a GNS430. A concise layout and realistic night light effects make the panel easy and fun to use. A 2D panel presents the numerous fields of view that are available. As you switch between them, the camera doesn't suddenly change, it quickly slides from one position to the next. From the main view to a view from the rear of the cabin, or any combination. The fact that the camera is animated in its transition between viewpoints, allows you too see all the well-crafted space in between and achieve a greater awareness of the aircraft you're piloting. Other detailed animations can be found everywhere, whether inside the aircraft or outside. Opened doors reveal animated steps and ladders, and sun visors are fully articulated as you might find in real life.
At night, the new lighting effects can be seen, as the red navigation light generates soft red pulses of light across the tail of the aircraft. A collection of HD liveries mirroring original paint designs help add some attractive curves to an otherwise smooth but slightly square fuselage and are of a high enough quality that you can zoom in from an external camera and not get any blur. To add a more personalized touch, you can always make use of the included blank texture, also in HD, and create your own stunning repaints before taking to the skies in a completely unique Grand Skywagon.
- X-Plane 64-bit compatible
- Includes improved default X-Plane 11 GNS430.
- FPS-optimized model.
- NEW! Scroll wheel support
- DDS textures for faster load times and optimization
- Night light effects
- Prop disc effect
- Cameras and viewpoints change the system
- New plug-in controlled 3D sounds
- Interactive virtual cockpit
- 318 pixels/ meter textures
- Original KFC150 autopilot installed
- Original HQ digital stereo sounds (44.1 KHz) recorded from the original PT6 engine
- 2D windows: Field of view, door manager and general options for controlling cargo pod, statics elements and VC windows transparency.
- Full moving parts: Ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps, rolling wheels
- Highly detailed animations, such as doors, ladders, fully articulated sun visors, etc.
- Realistic exterior lights and night lighting effects: Navigation lights, beacons, landing lights
- Realistic light effects on gauges
- 3D modeled and animated pilot figures
- Highly detailed and optimized 3D cockpit area
- IFR certification
- Many details such as: pitot, antennas, chocks, pitot cover, baggage area.
- Realistic textures and original paint designs.
- Accurately reproduced flight characteristics
- Real weight and balance.
- Toggle yoke visibility in virtual cockpit
- Nightlight effects on panel
Included in the package
- 5 HD Liveries
- 1 HD Blank Livery
- Normal and Emergency Procedures PDF
- Reference document PDF
- Virtual Cockpit Description PDF
- KFC150 Autopilot PDF
- Recommended Settings PDF
- General Information PDF
Carenado is a household name in the flight sim industry. If you're bought flight sim payware add-ons before, you've likely heard of Carenado. Founded in 2001 by Fernando Herrera, Carenado has covered aircraft add-ons for FS98 right up to the brand new MSFS release of 2020. Carenado is based in Santiago, Chile, and has a team of developers, designers, and 3D modelers.
Known for the prop and turboprop models that they are famous for and have focused on, they also have small business jets in their add-on portfolio too. They have even developed a model for the Dassault Falcon 50EX - likely their largest.
They have received numerous awards and accolations in the flight sim community over the years. Their support team are always on-hand and responses are always answered in timely manner.
Rated 4.7/5.0 based on 3 customer reviews
4/5 Verified Purchase
My favourite plane Cessna C208B. This XP10.40 model work well in XP11, with less price than XP11 model. Exterior and interior texture is very good and Carenado clearly have paid attention to the detail. Cockpit panel work well and is fully function. Sound not too good but it's ok. The only minus in the aircraft, and also all Carenado's XP 10, FSX SE, P3D, is their bad flight dynamic. Hopefully they make improvement in their future product for FSX SE, P3D v4 and XP11.
5/5 Verified Purchase
I love this plane. Fly it all the time. I had trouble with the ADF instruments and Daniel K. at Carenado helped me greatly. He worked for a couple of weeks trying to duplicate the problem however, he was never able to duplicate the numbers not showing up in the ADF box. Therefore he sent me a free download of a R66 helicopter for my trouble. I'm grateful for his efforts and hard work. I will purchase other planes from Carenado.
Only thing about this aircraft i do not love is the ADF does not work
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.