Cessna 172N Skyhawk II Float for FSX/P3D
*Fully compatible with P3Dv5 however please follow the installation instructions here. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v2, v3, v4, v5*
- File size
- 34 MB
For many flight simulation fans, the Cessna brand is one of the first introductions to air flight. The Cessna 172N Skyhawk II Float, then, makes a fine introduction to anyone who wants to see the 'real' Cessna. Developed by Carenado, this add-on helps to define the aircraft and make it much easier to use.
As a wider part of the Cessna Skyhawk group, the II Float was a very impressive model that, for a time, was a staple. While today usage has diminished to a significant point, it still holds a rich place in the hearts of many who enjoy a more creative and charismatic aircraft.
Complete with the floats that allows is to go near water, this is verily impressively detailed. Although the aircraft is very much of an outdated model, this add-on brings it up to modern aviation standards. The level of attention that has gone into every pixel and frame ensures Cessna specialists can immediately feel straight at home in the cockpit.
Included alongside the model is an impressive pair of Rusty Green and Blue Wave paint schemes. You'll also get high-quality Reference documentation and Procedure PDF documents. Designed to be as close to the real thing as possible, this will perfectly prepare you for just what to expect from the pilots' seat!
- Re-design of the model from the ground up ensures this is a high-polygon model that's fully optimized for simulation purposes.
- A new interactive virtual cockpit gives you all the help that you could need to feel in total control.
- Fully animated aircraft ensures that ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps, doors and windows, seats and AC units all work and operate as if they were real!
- 3D modeled cockpit area ensures that the pilot sits on active duty, removing simulation-busting ghost cockpit features.
- 2D panels help to make sure you can easily spot and control the aircraft as easily as you need.
- Pitot pressure chambers, pitot tube covers, chocks and antenna all provide extra functionality.
- Impressive lights on gauges make sure that you can easily fly this aircraft without issue at night. Lighting is now much more authentic in relation to how visible it makes your cockpit.
- An authentic take on aviation performance and flight dynamics help to make this a challenging but hugely enjoyable airplane to fly, complete with every positive and negative.
- Similar aircraft weighing and balance make sure you can get access to a rewarding flight experience.
Carenado is a household name in the flight sim industry. If you're bought flight sim payware add-ons before, you've likely heard of Carenado. Founded in 2001 by Fernando Herrera, Carenado has covered aircraft add-ons for FS98 right up to the brand new MSFS release of 2020. Carenado is based in Santiago, Chile, and has a team of developers, designers, and 3D modelers.
Known for the prop and turboprop models that they are famous for and have focused on, they also have small business jets in their add-on portfolio too. They have even developed a model for the Dassault Falcon 50EX - likely their largest.
They have received numerous awards and accolations in the flight sim community over the years. Their support team are always on-hand and responses are always answered in timely manner.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.