Canary Islands Professional: La Palma Scenery for P3D
Whether you've enjoyed a trip to the Canary Islands or live there, flying here is great fun. Unfortunately, in P3D v4 there's little to love about the Canary Isles. They often lack the same personality and style that we would expect when flying around in FSX. This release, though, looks to change that and add La Palma, the north-western part of the Canary Islands, into P3D in some style. Read more...
- Prepar3D v4 & v5
- File size
- 1.9 GB
Free from the limitations that hold back P3D default scenery, this is much more representative of the real thing. Known as the "Green Island", this helps to add a touch of charm and character to the area. With the airport and the surrounding areas transformed to look far more like the real thing, a trip here now feels much more realistic. With the help of v4' new and improved advanced lighting features, too, you should find it easier than ever to get in and out of La Palma.
Thanks to new and improved airport traffic and atmospheric improvements, this feels much more like a trip to the premier airport in the Canary Isles.
New to P3D v4/v5
Alongside a whole host of new coding changes to help improve performance, visual details are massively improved. From new objects being optimized to include new shadow technology to improved ground layouts, much has changed. Everything is optimized to help better provide a realistic take on the airport itself.
From the layout to the location and strength of lighting to car and ship traffic through to authentic aircraft parking and information, this mod uses P3D v4 to its full. Not only does this help to really strengthen and improve the simulation experience, it makes the most of the latest P3D improvements.
- 25cm/pixel ground textures are used via aerial imagery. This helps to paint the whole airport in a much more redeeming, high-quality light than previously.
- 0.50cm/pixel quality textures are used across the rest of the island, too, ensuring the whole area looks more realistic.
- Customized 3D meshing is used to help manage the inclusion of everything from the famous sloped coastlines to the bridges and roads of the island.
- 3D height models work perfectly within the mash, including modeled banana plantations to really capture that richness and atmosphere.
- All buildings are designed to follow their real-life counterpart, with major locations such as Santa Cruz and Roque de Los Muchachos included for greater detail.
- Atmospheric changes at night and dusk help to make sure that you can fly around with the minimum of fuss and frustration
- Autogenerated vegetation appears across the island, with La Palma enjoying a whopping 62,000 new autogen buildings for a much more realistic, busy look and feel.
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.