ATR 42-500 Series for FSX/P3D2 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (v3/v4)
- File size
- 1.3 GB
As a short-haul regional airliner, the ATR 42-500 is a popular part of modern aviation history. Developed by French and Italian manufacturers, this was the result of work between Aerospatiale (Airbus) and Aeritalia (Leonardo S.p.A). Both companies worked together to create an aircraft that can handle up to 52 passengers, with the easy configuration from 40-52 depending on special needs.
A fun and endearing aircraft to fly, the ATR 42 gained a reputation in the 1980s as a very popular aircraft. It worked across various parts of the civic and commercial aviation industry, and to this day is still being used. Produced since 1984, the ATR 42 series has produced aircraft for the likes of FedEx, HOP!, and First Air.
The ATR 42-500 was an upgrade on the previous models, having first came to life in 1995. It was a major improvement for both passenger and pilot, with improved performance and comfort overall. With six-bladed propellers backed up by a haughty PW127E engine set, this was capable of handling high-performance, high-demand flights with relative ease. This Carenado package looks to take the best of the ATR 42-500 and roll it into a realistic take on a very popular aircraft.
- Tested by real pilots to ensure it flies exactly as it should.
- A recreation of the ATR 42-500 aircraft, with full FSX and P3D v3/4+ compatibility.
- Come s with fully PBR texture and materials at an impressive 4096 x 4096 detail.
- Flight1 GTN 750 and Reality XP GTN 750 integration included.
- AIRAC cycle 1601 (Jan 2016) included; easy to update and upgrade.
- Authentic start-up procedures included. Cold and Dark options included.
- Realistic flight dynamics for improved performance and challenge.
- Authentic weight and balance planning for the ATR 42-500.
- Easy take-off runs and landing effects included.
- Customized sounds from the engine, including sound system warnings.
- Fully customizable panel system within the cockpit with easy adjustments.
- Night lighting included for the panels so that you can see during all hours.
- Comes with a fully operational model of the ATR 42-500 aircraft.
- 7 HD liveries included covering various historical uses of the ATR 42-500.
- Blank livery included with easy installation and editing instructions.
- Various PDF booklets for emergency and normal procedure handling.
- PDF guides for performance tables, references, and autopilot usage.
- FMS UNS-1 PDF included for easier control of the aircraft.
- Recommended settings included for PSX and P3D v4.
NOTE: this does not come with a 2D panel included within the package.
Rated 2.5/5.0 based on 2 customer reviews
3/5 Verified Purchase
I recently bought ATR 42 - 500 because I've been positively impressed by product performance plus many features provided and also interested using SID/STAR with Navigraph data.
In fact after a week I've to give up and admit I cannot really test this plane due to very low Frame rate. I'm used to fly with 40 50FPS and assume my PC exceed the stated min requirements: but Support team so far could not give any useful suggestion to fix them: hope to recover this so to provide my input.
2/5 Verified Purchase
I recently purchased this product, but it does not meet the minimum system requirements as it requires a noticeably higher calculation power than that indicated by the manufacturer.