- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X
- File size
- 39 MB
AFS Designs brings you a beautiful simulation of the entire Airbus A320 family of planes for Microsoft FSX customers. The file size is only 39MB and can be downloaded online.
The A320 is a medium range passenger airplane developed by the aircraft fabrication company Airbus. It is the first plane in the Airbus family to introduce fly-by-wire and side-stick control systems. The seating capacity is about 220 passengers and it can fly at a top speed of 537 mph. The IAE V2500 engines provide an incredible thrust of 120 kN and it can fly at a maximum service ceiling of 41,000 feet.
The A320 family includes the A318, A319, A320 and A321 and it is one of the fastest selling jet planes in the world. Some of the A320 features include an interactive cockpit with a friendly co-pilot, autopilot, multiple consoles and a flight management computer. The virtual cockpit contains a joystick for aileron controls and a pedal for rudder control. Important flight information like vertical speed, air pressure, heading indicator, turn coordinator and barometric readings are displayed on multifunctional displays.
The autopilot has a GPS and ATC call in feature and detailed checklists are included to help the pilots. There are multiple switches for instrument lighting and navigation and it can be turned on or off easily by simply pressing it. There are three different consoles in the A320: the center console, upper console and the lower console. The center console has a radio compass, UTC clock, ECAM display, auto brake switch, main gear lever, primary flight displays and mode switches.
The lower console has a trim wheel elevator, thrust levers, spoiler retracts, parking brake, retract flaps and the flight management computer. The upper console has multiple switches for beacon lights, taxi lights and landing lights. The flight management computer brings down the workload of the pilots by automating a wide range of tasks.
The A320’s optimized wing design, advanced technology, and low maintenance costs make this a great plane for long distance flights.
AFS-design brings a excellent rendition of Airbus A320 - Family to your copy of FSX. This is a fully featured and highly detailed add-on.
The Airbus A320 family is a family of short- to medium-range, narrow body, commercial passenger jet airliners manufactured by Airbus. The family includes the A318, A319, A320, and A321. The first member of the A320 family, the A320, was launched in March 1984, first flew on 22 February 1987, and was first delivered in 1988. The family was soon extended to include the A321 (first delivered 1994), the A319 (1996), and the A318 (2003). The A320 family pioneered the use of digital fly-by-wire flight control systems in commercial aircraft. Although there has been a continuous improvement process since introduction, currently the A320 Enhanced programme includes greater improvements. The Airbus A320 family has over 4,300 aircraft built and an additional 2,300 aircraft on order as of March 2010. According to Airbus, it ranked as the world's fastest-selling jet airliner family according to records from 2005 to 2007, and as the best-selling single generation aircraft programme.
The new AFS-design Add-On contains the following models
- AIRBUS A318
- AIRBUS A319
- AIRBUS A320 with Cabin interior model
- AIRBUS A321
All models are programmed according and created to the latest development of the simulator .
These models all have the following features
- Detailed external and internal model including Virtual Cockpit with a friendly co - pilot
- Animations in the external model: flaps, slats, spoilers, three cabin doors and two hatches, animate gear
- Extensive lighting effects of windows and exterior lighting
- Exterior lighting: Beacon-, Strobes-, Nav-, Landing- and Taxi- Lights
- Virtual Cockpit: panel light, window reflections, highly detailed, including avionics for radio navigation
- Panel with FMC ( Flight Managment Computer ) and GPS ( Global Positioning System )
- Engine thrust reverser including animation and realistic flight dynamics
- All models with ATC-ID sign in the cockpit and exterior models.
All models have a fully functional cockpit
- 2 Primär-Flight-Displays and 2 Multifunctionsdisplays
- 2 switchable EICAS Displays
- EICAS Displays: FUEL, ENGINE, DOORs, MAP
- Center console with FMC, a radio ad with transponders, trim wheel, throttle and engine control
- Upper panel with about 100 real deposited switches
- "Seatbelt" and "no-Smoking" sign with acoustic sound
- Autopilot features: ILS, FD, ALT, VS, HDG, NAV, SPeeD, Mach, Loc, Autothrottle/ Master, QNH
FMC ( Flight Managment Computer )
- New FMC for the Airbus A320 Family
- 15 differents menus
- Gauge of miscellaneous flightparameter
- Use of flightplan
- Calculation of courses analogical wind, highlevel and aerodrome of destination
- Follow of waypoints
- Coursegauge and autopilotcontrol
These are equipped with a variety of liveries
- Industrie House - A318, A319, A320, A321
- AIR BERLIN - A319, A320
- Germanwings - A319
- Lufthansa - A318, A319, A320, A321
- SWISS - A318, A319, A320, A321
- Air France - A318, A319, A320, A321
- easyJet - A319
- Grundlack - A318, A319, A320, A321
- LAN Airlines - A318, A319, A320
- United Airlines - A319, A320
- US Airways - A319, A320, A321
- China Airlines - A319, A320, A321
- British Airways - A318, A319, A320, A321
- Qatar Airways - A319, A320, A321
- Repaint Texture - A318, A319, A320, A321
- New textures (1024*1024) with specular shine, night lighting and Alpha Technology
- Record sound of original Rolls Royce TREND 900 engines
- New taxiways of the special aerodrome FINKENWERDER in Hamburg Germany, ICAO: EDHI