A-3B Skywarrior for FSX/FS20041 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X & Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 27 MB
Douglas A-3B Skywarrior
The A-3B Skywarrior was the largest carrier-based aircraft of its time, designed to operate from the Forrestal-class supercarriers. Intended as a strategic attack aircraft, the Skywarrior was designed for long range, with a thin, high-aspect ratio wing. Recon, ECM, and tanker versions were also built, with the EKA-3B combination ECM / tanker remaining in service up to the time of the first Gulf War. The length of the Skywarrior's service life is a testament to the soundness of the original clean, efficient design.
For FS2004 and FSX (portover)
SIX models : A-3B, EA-3B, KA-3B, RA-3B, EKA-3B and ERA-3B
THIRTEEN high-detail texture sets :
A-3B, VAQ-133 #610 "Wizzards", USS Kittyhawk
A-3B, VQ-1 "WORLD WATCHERS" n° 111, Nas AGANA, Guam, mid 80's
EA-3B VQ-1 "WORLD WATCHERS" USS Ranger
EA-3B VQ2 "BATMEN",Rota NAS, Spain, early 90's.
KA-3B VAH-11 "Checkertail"
KA-3B VAH-4 "Fourrunners"
RA-3B, VAP-62, SE Asia, late 1960's
RA-3B VAP-61, Agana, Guam, Aug. 67
RA-3B VAQ-33 "Firebirds" low vis
EKA-3B VAW-13 "Zappers"
EKA-3B VAQ-135 "Black Ravens"
ERA-3B VAQ-34 "Aggressors"
ERA-3B VAQ-33 "Firebirds" high vis
- authentic virtual cockpit with animations and mousable controls
- complete crew area included in v-c
- highly authentic flight model with checklist
- animated bomb bay with textured interior
- animated folding wings
- v-c rain effects
- authentic undercarriage structure and animations
- authentic 2D panel with 100% xml gauges, custom pop-ups, fully mousable with night illumination
- panel includes animated yoke and throttles
- soundset included
- crew togglable on wingfold anim
- leading edge slats operate automatically, distinct from flaps
- KA models have extendable refuelling hose
- cockpit overhead escape hatch
- wing spoilers correctly animated as spoilerons
- V-C includes all external model parts which would be visible
- automatic smoke and wingtip vortex FX
- Note : FSX version is a straight portover of the FS9 version, so NO self-shadowing, bump etc
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
The SkyWarrior is an aircraft that Iíve always had an eye on for various reasons, not least because it was at one stage the largest carrier aircraft of all time, which I thought was really interesting. As a bit of an aviation geek itís these little things that make all the difference to me and with this package I found it easier than ever to just buy into the story and the format of this aircraft in particular.
The whole look and feel of this design and package in general made it easy for me to buy into the idea in the first place but as soon as I got to grips with the way that it flew etc. I soon had no problems at all messing around in such a delicate and unique aircraft.
One thing that really impressed me about the whole thing, though, was the way that it handled itself in the air. Many aircraft like the Skywarrior can be a bit too hard to fly but this makes it easier than ever to help you get to grips with the rather rambunctious nature of the model. With all of the excellent texture sets as well I had my pick of what I wanted to fly around in and how I wanted the world to unfold around me.
This made it much easier than ever to start flying around with confidence which is what I usually lack, so thanks for making this so easy to actually fly!