- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition Only
- File size
- 44 MB
As one of the most commanding aircraft of its time, the Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk holds a certain reverence within military aviation. Immensely powerful and impressively agile, it’s been held as a gold standard in military helicopter aviation for many years. However, it’s often not been doing enough justice in FSX. This add-on for FSX: Steam Edition, though, looks to make up for that shortfall and create a hugely impressive Black Hawk aircraft.
The aircraft itself has served many different roles in the military. It was designed as a four-blade, twin-engine, medium-lift utility helicopter that could serve many roles. From being used in actual combat scenarios to playing a key role in helping out with the likes of medical evacuation, the UH-60 is popular with good reason
Indeed, it first entered service with the US Army in 1979, and since then has been used by the US Navy, US Air Force and the Coast Guard with regular success. It has also played a key role in resolving conflicts in the Middle East, The Americas and also across Eastern Europe in the past.
If you would like to try out a military helicopter that comes with a massive reputation, this is the perfect place to start.
- Makes use of all FSX features to deliver a native model that has been developed with the use of shadow bumping, self-shadowing and bloom effects.
- Highly impressive model and livery add-on, covering the 101st Airborne Division’ take on the aircraft. 2048 x 2048 textures used for impressive attention to detail.
- Makes use of REAL GAUGE technology – a popular model to help deliver impressive 3D working parts across the aircraft in a crisp, clear and modern appearance.
- New and improved animations for everything from pilot doors opening to side-sliding doors and much more. Includes the option to enable/disable pilots.
- Fresh virtual cockpit add-ons included impressive animations and easy to control mouse clickable options.
- Included a simulated WX1000+ StormScope for impressive attention to detail and performance.
- Brake pedal animations included.
- Use the tail hook key to turn on the MH-60K probe, and use the water rudder key to turn pilot visibility on/off.
- Fully modeled rear cabin design adds extra life and business to the helicopter.
- New pre-set camera views allow for you to find the best view in your cockpit without any issues.
- High-quality sound set created by Turbine Sound Studios included for the utmost immersion.
- With the DLC available here, users get access to six new HD models and livery add-ons. These cover key models such as the MH-60K, S-70A-9, UH-60L S-70A and UH-60Q.
- Liveries cover the likes of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, the Australian Army Aviation Corps and the United Nations Preventative Deployment Force. Please note these liveries are an additional purchase.
- New and improved 63-page, color illustrated manual helps you to learn everything you need to know about the UH-60.