Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King for X-Plane1 reviews
When taking to the skies in a helicopter, it always feels good to know you are in an aircraft designed for safety. The Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King has often been used as a rescue vehicle, working in emergency situations and in precarious locations to help save those who otherwise would not be saved. Read more...
- X-Plane 10 and 11
- File size
- 325 MB
It's for this reason that so many X-Plane users like to take to the skies in this chopper. It's a helpful aircraft, with ample size and space inside for everything from air ambulance features to space for staff. It's ample and spacious both in the cockpit and in the back and offers enough control and durability for the pilot to safely position the aircraft in even the most challenging of locations.
Whether you wish to take part in a roleplay experience or you wish to see how the Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King handles, this add-on for X-Plane 10 and 11 makes perfect sense. It's a must-have for anyone who wants to try out a twin-engine aircraft that is useful for everything from air rescue to anti-submarine warfare.
It's used by many different countries, including the United Kingdom and the RAF. Its versatility, bulk size, and impressive conditioning mean that few helicopters can live up to the standard and efficiency of the Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King. If you want to try it out for yourself, now you can.
- Highly immersive changes to the exterior model and interior cockpit ensure that you can enjoy a feature-laden, authentic flight.
- New authentic cockpit design makes sure that you can enjoy a much more enjoyable flight thanks to the improved visibility and ease of locating key features.
- The 3D cockpit comes with unique custom gauges and over major functions that will make such a huge difference to functionality as you fly.
- The aircraft carries all of the real spec, shine and custom bump mapping expected of an X-Plane standard model.
- Greater control over the aircraft is made possible thanks to the addition of new SASL plug-in features. This helps to add even more control than is possible with X-Plane.
- New DreamEngine sound system makes sure that this aircraft carries realistic sounds for each action, from new torque noise to the 3D positioning of each sound.
For anyone unsure on how to best handle this aircraft, it comes with a new and improved user manual, complete with illustration, to help you get the most out of your time in the skies.
Alongside the new and improved aircraft model, you can pick up ten different minor variants alongside twenty-two fresh new liveries. Each livery follows the realistic design of the real helicopter. These new liveries include:
- HAR Mk.5, Royal Navy
- HAR Mk.3, Royal Navy
- AEW Mk.2A, Royal Navy
- Mk.48, Belgian Air Force
- HC.4 Commando, Royal Navy
- HC.4 Commando, Royal Navy (IFOR)
- HAS Mk.1, Royal Navy
- SH-3A, US Navy, USS Essex
- SH-3D, US Navy, USS Hornet
- SH-3H, US Navy, USS Hornet
- CH-124B, Canadian Forces
- HAS Mk.1, German Marineflieger
- ASH-3D, Aviazione Navale, Marina Militare
- HAS Mk.1, Royal Australian Navy
- HSS-2B, Japan Self Defence Force
- SH-3D, Spanish Armada
- HAS Mk.1, Indian Navy Aviation
- HC.4 Commando, Arab Republic of Egypt Air Force
- HAS Mk.1, Pakistan Navy Aviation
- ASH-3D, Islamic Republic of Iran Navy
Founded in 1999 by Phil Perrott and originally named Alphasim who developed freeware aircraft for FS2004/FSX. Now rebranded as Virtavia who now publish payware add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D based on the old heavily modified Alphasim stock.
Virtavia has a focus on military aircraft add-ons compatible with FSX, Prepar3D, and X-Plane. Focusing on historic and modern military aircraft, their add-ons have been well received by flight sim pilots and rated highly.
SimShack stock the entire range of Virtavia add-ons and continue to list any new versions or releases announced by Virtavia.
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
wow !! This is a beautiful bit of kit !! The Cockpit,Sound and Handling really go well together and the choice of liveries must surely suit everyone. I am looking ,seriously, at mastering rotary-wing technique,having loved them for years ,whilst being a fixed-wing pilot. The sim helicopters always seemed a bit unreal. But now ,at last there are airframes worth the investment of money, time,and hard-work. The last time I was in a Sea King I had to climb down a rope onto Dartmoor ! ... ..and after a few times I looked up with affection at the apparent boat with a fan above my head ! I envied the crews who operated these lovely,practical and capable machines. Now,at last I have both the sim (with three screens,thanks to XPlane11) and a whole selection of Sea King variants and nationalities. It takes no effort at all to become immersed in the sound and motion,and be carried away with the "task" I have set myself for each trip. This is a beautiful representation of a well-proven aircraft,much-loved by all who were lucky enough to share her space. Thanks.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.