Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King for P3Dv41 reviews
For P3D users, flying a helicopter can be one of the best ways to see all of the attention to detail put into the world below you. With the Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King, you'll get to enjoy a much more professional sight-seeing experience, flying an aircraft which has many uses around the world. Read more...
- Prepar3D v4
- File size
- 138 MB
This add-on brings to life many new changes and adjustments, making it much more realistic in terms of the performance and control. If you want to fly a challenging but rewarding helicopter, this might be one of the best places for you to start with. This adds a host of new features to the interior and exterior of the Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King, improving both performance and physical appeal.
On top of that, you can enjoy a much more impressive change to the sounds, as this includes a Turbine Sound Studios sound package. This offers much more dynamic, immersive audio inside and outside of the cockpit. If you want to enjoy a realistic flight experience which is kept easy enough to enjoy without being too advanced, you should be sure to try out this add-on.
- Impressive attention to detail on the texture work, making sure that the aircraft does not look brand new and out the factory, instead carrying the signs of weather wearing.
- Useful and engaging changes to the virtual cockpit make sure that you can get a more realistic experience, with many new clickable features within the cockpit.
- Virtual cockpit now includes both the rear cabin and new night lighting to make sure you can see what you are doing regardless of the time of day.
- Pilots and crew members can be turned on/off depending on your own personal choice or preference.
- New animated entry doors and side doors open up as and when you enter/leave the aircraft.
- Winch/sling is also supported with the Sea King, making sure you can use this aircraft for missions that involve a winch of a sling.
- New and improved special made gauges, each one making sure you can easily handle things like hover control CDI and GVI.
Users will receive a helpful illustrated guide to help them learn everything they need to know about flying the Sea King. Alongside a host of major changes to performance and visuals, this take on the Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King also introduces numerous new model add-ons and livery improvements. You can pick from an impressive 20 different texture sets, including:
- HAR Mk.5, Royal Navy
- HAR Mk.3, Royal Navy
- AEW Mk.2A, Royal Navy
- Mk.48, Belgian Air Force
- HC.4 Commando, Royal Navy
- HC.4 Commando, Royal Navy (IFOR scheme)
- HAS Mk.1, Royal Navy
- SH-3A, US Navy, USS Essex
- SH-3D, US Navy, USS Hornet
- SH-3H, US Navy, USS Hornet
- CH-124B, Canadian Forces
- HAS Mk.1, German Marineflieger
- ASH-3D, Aviazione Navale of Marina Militare
- HAS Mk.1, Royal Australian Navy
- HSS-2B, Japan Self Defence Force
- SH-3D, Spanish Armada
- HAS Mk.1, Indian Navy Aviation
- HC.4 Commando, Arab Republic of Egypt Air Force
- HAS Mk.1, Pakistan Navy Aviation
- ASH-3D, Islamic Republic of Iran Navy
Founded in 1999 by Phil Perrott and originally named Alphasim who developed freeware aircraft for FS2004/FSX. Now rebranded as Virtavia who now publish payware add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D based on the old heavily modified Alphasim stock.
Virtavia has a focus on military aircraft add-ons compatible with FSX, Prepar3D, and X-Plane. Focusing on historic and modern military aircraft, their add-ons have been well received by flight sim pilots and rated highly.
SimShack stock the entire range of Virtavia add-ons and continue to list any new versions or releases announced by Virtavia.
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
A great and easy to fly helicopter running smoothly in Prepar#D v4.5! Also it comes with a lot of great looking models and liveries as well. That combined with a very fair price I'd recommend this aircraft to anyone. Well done Simshack and Virtavia!
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.