Gibraltar Professional Scenery for P3D1 reviews
Like many smaller parts of Europe, in P3D v4 and v5, users need to put up with generic, poorly-managed scenery. Often, there is a total lack of realism in the airport layouts and their general features. One European hotspot that really suffers from this, though, is Gibraltar. Now, tips to Gibraltar can be much more enjoyable thanks to the changes to this British Iberian isle. A stunning locale with amazing natural geography, this makes sure you are left with a little piece of paradise planted in the Iberian Peninsula. Read more...
- Prepar3D v4 & v5
- File size
- 1.4 GB
This highly detailed FR scenery helps to make sure that the airport and the Upper Rock areas are changed suitably. Now, P3D users will get to enjoy a quick holiday jaunt to Gibraltar in all of its glory. Every minor detail is included, from the location of lighting systems to navigational beacons in the airport making it easier than ever to arrive and land here.
The development has been carried out to ensure that the natural beauty of Gibraltar truly shines through. Not only does this help to deliver an impressive take on the airport, but also the city. Now, just 500m from the airport, you can find the city and a winding main road that is loaded with activity and traffic.
- Impressive 15cm/pixel ground textures help to ensure that Gibraltar and LA Linea are entirely changed to fit with their real-life counterparts.
- The island is not just more detailed, but more alive. The airport is loaded with impressive car traffic across the area, with the whole area looking as busy as it is in real life.
- Dynamic traffic moves around the airport, as does AI traffic arriving in and from the airport time and time again.
- All buildings and facilities that are associated with Gibraltar Airport have been included to help create the most authentic experience imaginable.
- Many new animations are included, from ships and cableways to help create a much more endearing, realistic take on Gibraltar.
- Major points of interest are included, including the Upper Rock and even the famous fortifications that once kept Gibraltar safe.
- Specifically chosen autogen helps to populate the area and keep it as busy as possible.
- Newly animated windsocks and runway lighting help to further improve the atmosphere and immersion enjoyed here.
- Ambient sounds play in the distance, helping to further create that atmosphere that Gibraltar is so popular for.
- A new and improved lighthouse is included at the southern tip of the Rock for added visibility, realism and dramatic effect.
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Rated 4.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
4/5 Verified Purchase
A straight fwd download no difficult install process especially good for a novice like me.
I still have some flickering of the scenery when static on runway goes as soon as take off run begins.
Would be useful if there was a help function after or on first install.
All in all very good would use sim shack again for sure.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.