Mega Airport London Heathrow Professional Scenery for P3D1 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Prepar3D v4 & v5
- File size
- 3.8 GB
For anyone who lives in England, one of the most important parts of British aviation is, without a doubt, Heathrow Airport. This impressive airport has long been one of the most important on the British Isles. Serving large swathes of the mass traffic heading in and out of London, itís a major European institution.
However, despite that reputation, itís often poorly delivered in flight simulation and thus can often be a hard airport to come and visit in P3D.
This recreation uses the unique power of P3D v4/v5 to help recreate Heathrow in a whole new manner. Covering a whopping 42km2 across the airport, with the new T2 and T2B terminals included for good measure. Making use of high quality, authentic imagery allows for the airport to look more like its real self, all the while using LOD techniques to keep performance at a high average.
New rapid runway exits and new taxiway links also make sure you can get around the airport with the minimum of fuss. For those who have used Heathrow for years, too, this release offers the chance to use the old Europier. This is due to be demolished in the future, so use this as a chance to enjoy one last trip on this old part of the airport.
- A comprehensive take on the airport, with London Heathrow and its nearby locales all changes and transformed to a whole new level.
- Detailed buildings of the airport and nearby areas are improved to help ensure it looks as realistic as is t can.
- Safegate and other dockings are included at all gates.
- Pre-rendered ray-traced night lighting and self-shadowing included a more immersive image.
- Fully optimized 30cm/pixel custom detailed textures for taxiways etc. keeps the airport looking authentic.
- Actual taxiway and runway layouts are used to help make sure Heathrow is as accurate as is possible.
- Hand-placed autogen across the whole area further helps to create that impending sense of realism.
- Seamless integration of the ground ratio ensures realistic placement that shouldnít conflict with other parts of the city.
- The old Europier terminal still stands strong and can be selected as an option during installation.
Changes with P3D v4/v5
One of the most significant changes has been the optimization using the P3D v4/v5 SDK. This helps to improve everything from object optimization and shadowing to dynamic lighting, ground layout accuracy, runway lighting, and much more.
Everything is better optimized and controlled in this new Professional release. With optimized 3D runway lighting now available, which auto turns on/off when used outdoors, pilots can now enjoy a far less turbulent take-off during the night.
New AFCAD parking positions and approaches have been changed, too. This helps to make the airport perform better and maintain a more realistic atmosphere. Add in the new animated Jetway models and the high-resolution textures used throughout, and itís clear to see why P3D v4 and P3Dv5 is the perfect platform for a more professional take on Heathrow.
With the extended configuration, too, users can turn on/off the features they like or the features they find do not work to the right standard on their present hardware.
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
The download link was provided immediately on payment and the scenery downloaded only 5 minutes later.
Installation was a breeze with the installer recognising that I am using P3D V5, installing the scenery in a library on a separate drive and adding it to the P3D scenery load order in an appropriate place.
The scenery looks superb and, in V5 at least, the frame rate hit was not noticeable. The jetway worked without a problem (CTRL + J) giving me no reason to bother with SODE.
All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase and the fast service from SimShack.