Cessna Skyhawk 172SP G1000 for FSX/P3D2 reviews
*Fully compatible with P3Dv5 however please follow the installation instructions here. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v2, v3, v4, v5*
- File size
- 550 MB
Released in 1956, the Cessna Skyhawk 172SP has become a major part of the Cessna companies' success and reputation. Fully developed for use with FSX and P3D by Carenado, this helps to bring an old classic to life in a way that's rarely been done before. Arguably the most successful aircraft in history thanks to the fact it is still in production today, more than 60 years since it first was released.
With over 44,000 delivered, this aircraft is one that offers a revealing insight into what made Cessna so special - and still makes them so. If you want to see just what makes the Cessna Skyhawk 172SP come to life, though, this package is a fine place to start.
With a full take on the aircraft which is fully FSX and P3D v2-4 compatible, this is a universally applied solution for those who want more value for their money. The G1000 here comes with a full Navigraph, with each one updateable to make sure you are always as close to up-to-date as you can be.
The new Synthetic Vision System, powered via WebSimConnect (1 year's access provided with purchase), offers a far improved way for handling general aircraft management and flight control, too. Add in the option to start in both Cold and Dark function, and you can easily use this to help transform how you begin every flight.
New take-off run and landing real rolling movement effects make every second spent in the cockpit tenser and more immersive. Alongside the dynamic propeller shines, too, the whole aircraft just feels more alive and energetic than ever before. Want to change/hide the pilots in the cockpit? You can do so with the single flick of a switch, too!
- Total control over the Carenado G1000 is one of the major features in this.
- From loading departure procedures to handling checklists, managing using the MFD system or using visual and audible alerts.
- This helps to add a much greater level of control than you might be used to!
- The new MFD mapping system ensures you have total control over reading the traffic, terrain, and weather without any issue to plan ahead during your flight.
- Multi-color screen displays make it easy to locate and spot every piece of information needed easily.
- Fully VNAV feature operative, too, the Cessna Skyhawk 172SP G1000 makes controlling a challenging aircraft a little less difficult.
- The updateable database makes sure you are able to really stay up-to-date with the latest and greatest changes over time.
- AIRAC cycle 1310 is included, keeping you up-to-date as of October 2013. Be sure to update if you wish!
- Customized panels allow for easy control over everything from the transparency of windows to instrument reflections, static elements, and various other props.
- Tested by real pilots to help make sure the aircraft can run to the best standard needed and passes all quality tests relating to the relative challenge in flying a Cessna Skyhawk 172SP.
- In this package, alongside the model, you also get access to 5 HD liveries of immense detail and quality.
- This is reinforced with a blank HD livery at the texture scale you need to make your own high-quality fantasy liveries.
- Emergency checklist, performance tables, procedural management and reference PDFs keeps you well on the right track.
- Carenado G1000 manual offers ease of use and ensures you can manage the more advanced hardware options available.
- G1000 /w Navigraph is available, which can be fully updated as and when this becomes possible.
- AIRAC Cycle 1310 - as of October 2013 - is included, too, for added immersion and detail.
Carenado is a household name in the flight sim industry. If you're bought flight sim payware add-ons before, you've likely heard of Carenado. Founded in 2001 by Fernando Herrera, Carenado has covered aircraft add-ons for FS98 right up to the brand new MSFS release of 2020. Carenado is based in Santiago, Chile, and has a team of developers, designers, and 3D modelers.
Known for the prop and turboprop models that they are famous for and have focused on, they also have small business jets in their add-on portfolio too. They have even developed a model for the Dassault Falcon 50EX - likely their largest.
They have received numerous awards and accolations in the flight sim community over the years. Their support team are always on-hand and responses are always answered in timely manner.
Rated 3.0/5.0 based on 2 customer reviews
3/5 Verified Purchase
After installing C172 G1000 Having some issues with computer freezing, screen lag loss of 2nd screen. When using standard C172 g1000 that came with MS FSIM there is not issue. Will need to contact tech support. Some switches work on PFD but don't work on MFD.
3/5 Verified Purchase
Got same issues like Robert Clark... Petty The look of the Virtual Cockpit is very nice and very detailled.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.