Cessna C185F Skywagon "Bush" for FSX/P3D7 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition and Prepar3D v2, v3, v4, v5*
- File size
- 114 MB
*Fully compatible with P3Dv5 however please follow the installation instructions here.
After releasing the Cessna C185F Skywagon, Carenado have now released this stunning "Bush" aircraft based on the Skywagon model. This is a rugged aircraft to be used in bush adventures. It comes in Float, Ski and Tundra variants. This is a full package and the base aircraft is included with this add-on. Featuring amazing dynamic shadows, HD stereo sounds recorded from the original aircraft and many eye candy add-ons, this package will not disappoint.
Four different models
- Amphibian, Float (with and without window door), Ski (with and without window door) and Tundra.
- Control window for controlling eye candies (Cargo Pod, Wheel chokes, boxes& packages, Pitot cover, Sights prop and Tiedown ropes).
- This is a standalone package (it doesn´t require the C185F package)
- External dynamic shadows, internal dynamic shadows on VC, volumetric normal mapping, specular mapping and bloom lights
- Polygon optimized model
- Friendly FPS
- Original HQ digital stereo sounds recorded from the original aircraft
- Autopilot installed
- Pop up Skywagon Manual with performance charts and normal & emergency procedures and Owner’s Manual Supplement (OMS)
- Original instruments
- Interactive virtual cockpit
- Full moving parts: Ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps, rolling wheels and trim tab
- Animated sections such as: propeller, doors, windows
- sun visor, air vents, copilot seat, vibrating antenna, cowl flaps, pilot, engine and exhaust pipe
- Lights: Navigation lights, landing and taxi lights
- Transparent windows
- 3D modeled pilot and cockpit area
- This model doesn’t have a 2D panel
- Realistic light effects on gauges
- Nightlight effects on panel
- Built-in zoom gauges
- Separate switches for instruments lights and dome light
- Toggle yoke at VC
- Real behavior compared to the real airplane
- Real weight and balance
- PDF documents: Operation tips, Reference, Owner’s manual and Owner’s Manual Supplement
Rated 4.9/5.0 based on 7 customer reviews
As a follow up to the release of their Cessna C185F Skywagon, Carenado have released the Bush package. This is a full package that not only includes the base aircraft, but also includes three specialist variants – Float, Ski and Tundra. Ideal for big wilderness adventures and those flights that take you off the beaten path, to remote sceneries with spectacular views and unforgiving terrain. And it's available now, as an immediate download for Microsoft Flight Simulator X.
Featuring stunning dynamic shadows both inside and out, as well as volumetric and specular mapping, the visual quality of each of the models is pretty high. But thanks to a polygon optimized model, your frame-rates shouldn't suffer at all. A bit of bloom in the right places and you're in for an almost cinematic flight experience. Other visual elements can be turned on and off, thanks to a control window that allows you to toggle elements such as wheel chokes, cargo pod and tie down ropes. So even in the hangar, you make sure that everything is just the way you like it.
On top of all of the usual animations and moving parts like ailerons, elevators and rudders, a few more less common animations are in place. Ranging from moving sun visors to vibrating antenna and exhaust pipe, these animations bring some more life to an already great looking model. Realistic lighting effects on the gauges and panel, create a good atmosphere inside the interactive and 3D modeled cockpit, and with separate switches for the dome light and the instrument lights, you're free to go with your preference.
Performance is as important as the visuals, and Carenado have made sure that each of the variants in this package feel as they should; weight and balance, as well as general behavior, are all tuned to be as close to that of their real life counterparts. Complete with all of its original instruments, this model is about as authentic as it could possibly be. In an effort to keep this aircraft accessible to pilots of all skill ranges, Carenado have included a pop-up manual through which you can access performance charts and procedure lists, as well as an OMS (Owner's Manual Supplement) to help you with anything you are unfamiliar with.
Excellent aircraft. Flown all versions and have not had a single blip of trouble. Excellent rendering even on my 2003 Dell 4300 with 4GB memory and dual 2.8GH processors machine running a Radeon AGP 4670 1GB graphics adapter. No PCIe slots. Any way to remove skis or change tundra tires to normal tires? Tundra tires are a little bouncy on hard surfaces as they probably are on the real aircraft.
4/5 Verified Purchase
I had a great deal of problems getting the aircraft installed. I run FSX on Steam, the installation instructions were not complete for my install. I finally figured out after help from Carnado help. The problem was where to put the install package in the steam directory. Otherwise, the model looks very good. I flies fine and looks super. No complaints.
Bought this because my father owns a 185 on straight floats. We both love it. Very realistic and some of the best graphics I have ever seen! One of the best add-ons we’ve ever downloaded.
5/5 Verified Purchase
Great bush plane. They did a great job. The only thing I would do different if it were me is forget the floats and just have the amphibian.
5/5 Verified Purchase
A beautiful piece. Excellent quality. As close to reality as one can get. It is the highlight of my fleet. Thank You.
5/5 Verified Purchase
Easy install. Fun little plane. Great graphics, big sounding engine. I love it. Buy it people!