Cessna 177 Cardinal II for X-Plane1 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- X-Plane 10.40 or higher
- File size
- 258 MB
Now version 3.2.
- 2 Cardinal II models: C177B (fixed gear) and C177RG (retractable gear)
- Default X-Plane 10 GNS530
- HD Textures (416 pixel/meter)
- High quality 3D model and textures.
- Own sound system containing more than 20 sounds recorded from the real aircraft.
- Blank texture for creating your own designs.
- Accurately reproduced flight characteristics
- Simple user interface
- Realistic Systems simulations.
- 64-bit compatible.
- FPS-optimized model.
- Setup Menu.
- Easy livery selection.
- Easy B/RG model selection.
- Camera Presets.
- Easy Field of view slider, now with scroll wheel support.
- Easy Volume control including MUTE selection, also with scroll wheel support.
- Realistic Cockpit reflections
- SuperManipulator (Scroll, click, click-hold, click-drag vertically for fast changes, click-drag horizontally for fine tuning)
- Passenger shows/hides depending on weight
NOTE: This aircraft is only for X-Plane 10.30 (or higher)
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
Cessna models are not hard to come by, there are so many variants and plenty of developers that do them justice in their recreations. But those developed by Alabeo always seem to stand out from the crowd; they have a certain sparkle to them, an attention to detail that Iím sure takes a lot of time and practice to get right.
This package contains two models, which explains the slightly larger download size, both variants of the Cessna 177. And as is often the case with anything developed by Alabeo, they look fantastic. They are very similar, the only main difference being the fixed landing gear of the C177B and the retractable landing gear of the C177RG. The C177RG is my personal favorite of the two, I just think it looks cleaner when using external viewpoints, but both models are otherwise aesthetically identical.
Each model is very high quality and shows off smooth lines and strong details, all while remaining ĎFPS-friendlyí. I didnít notice a big hit in frame-rates, where I might have expected one, considering the quality of the visuals. The textures are all crystal clear and seamless as well, so you wonít see any weird anomalies where textures donít line up, which can really take you out of the moment if you spot one.
I have to give bonus points to the Super Manipulator, which gives you a huge amount of control, at least compared to what I was used too. It basically allows you to adjust the DPI of your mouse for each individual input, so rather than turning down your sensitivity and getting the fine motion you want for one thing, but having to settle with that speed for everything else, now you donít need to. Itís a really great feature, especially if you donít have a mouse with a DPI boost button or an Ďaim modeí.
The stand out for me though, is the audio thatís been recorded directly from the real aircraft. It makes this one of the most accurate models Iíve encountered; it sounds completely unique compared to other aircraft in my hangar, which does include other Cessna. These authentic sounds make it much easier to immerse yourself in your flights, especially when partnered with carefully crafted flight characteristics; if youíre willing to suspend disbelief, youíll feel like youíre flying the real thing.