Cessna 177 Cardinal II for FSX/P3D2 reviews
Alabeo are a reputable design team within the flight simulation community, and they provide a wealth of different products and expansions to enhance your own experience. Alongside their popularity for the variety of aircrafts they cover, they are noted for their advanced modeling techniques that leave a fantastic impression whether you fly in the cockpit or from outside the plane. Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D including v4
- File size
- 259 MB
They pride themselves on high-end realism as well, and the design of their Cessna 177 Cardinal II was utilized to create a perfect balance between the quality of the design, and the realism of the plane itself.
The Cessna 177 Cardinal Series
The Cessna 177 Cardinal is a light-engine aircraft that was first produced as a direct replacement for the 172 Skyhawk. It was produced for ten years, from 1968 until 1978, and even today it holds a significant value in the real market. There have been over 4,290 models built and they act as a very important part of many peoples collections.
Another key reason why it’s so popular for pilots is the visibility that it offers in comparison to planes of similar size or speed. The windshield is quite steeply raked, so it gives a much greater overall line of sight – this feature, and many others, are represented perfectly in this add-on.
The first flight that the Cardinal series took part on was in 1967, and they featured a 180HP Lyocoming O-360 piston engine. At the time, its performance far outstripped many of its aerial counterparts. In this package, you receive access to both 177B and the 177RG. The main difference between both is the speed they cruise at – the 177B can cruise at around 124kts, whereas the 177RG cruises at around 148kts. The extra power in the 177RG comes from the undercarriage which is retractable, allowing for greater mobility.
Another key use for the Cessna 177 Cardinal was its lack of a prominent wing support strut, meaning that many aerial photographers use this plane to get the best shots. If you have always wanted to try out a Cessna 177 Cardinal II but have never had the chance, then this package for GAME can give you the thrill that you are looking for with the real thing.
About Alabeo's Version
When you download this package, you receive access to two separate models of the Cessna 177 Cardinal, as described above. The 177B comes with a fixed gear, whereas the 177RG has a retractable gear. This allows you to pick a plane that actually suits your own speed needs, and what you want to achieve in the air. While both these planes were built many years ago, they stay match up today and can be a great addition to your flight choices when playing FSX/P3D.
The planes were both design with a huge amount of detail and quality, and you can notice that with the many features including such as;
- Eight separate HD textures to make sure that you get the perfect quality when you are flying. The interior and exterior of the plane make perfect use of the most powerful resolutions the simulator series can handle – if your machine can take the brunt, you can really see the finest details in the design
- You get access to many of the same installations that you would in an actual Cessna 177 Cardinal, including a GNS530 GPS unit. This means that you can really step up your flight experience with ease, by utilizing the many features provided by the game such as an interactive GPS service.
- The material used in the HD textures has been created to ensure that the material reflects properly and creates an authentic look as you fly through the air. There’s no flat designs and unrealistic light with these models – they really take full control of the graphics available in the game to give you a genuine looking Cessna plane
- A huge amount of work and research went into getting accurate specifications for the plane, to ensure that it flies at the most realistic pace and style possible. The behavior it shows will be very similar to what you would get from the real thing – it takes the simulation possibilities of the software and pushes them to the limit, giving you a complete flying experience from your Cessna download pack
- When you are looking around the plane and inspecting, whether it’s from the cockpit or from the outside, you want to see the best detail possible. The volumetric side-view prop effect makes an excellent addition to giving you a full idea of just how much detail there is within these two models
- Extra detail has been included on the inside, too. The gauges within the cockpit all work authentically to give you realistic feedback, but they also provide detailed reflections which have been worked on especially, creating yet another layer of realism
- The windows and propeller blades will become visibly used the flight carries on, too. The propeller blades will gleam in the sunshine as you belt along the sky, while the windows will become scratched after long enough usage – these little details show up perfectly, creating an experience that feels far more realistic than many packages can offer
- The models have been worked on for a long time, ensuring that they stack up with the very best in the community and from the creators of the series themselves. They don’t look out of place whatsoever, and the extra attention to detail on the small parts of each plane makes then look even better than some of the aircraft that you start with
- You can create your own liveries, too! There is a totally blank texture available so that if you want you can totally customize your plane to look just as you would if you owned a Cessna in real life. Maybe you do own one, and you want to test it out in a virtual environment as well – you can do that with the blank texture package!
About AlabeoView all products/add-ons by Alabeo.
Rated 3.5/5.0 based on 2 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
Of the 5 aircraft I have purchased from simshack, this is by far the most fun to fly! Some may not like the idea of no autopilot, whats the fun in taking off then flipping a switch and watching your screen? Kinda takes the flying aspect out of a flight sinulator. The airplane requires you to constantly stay ahead of it, and I like that. Constant rudder input, and noticeable change in vertical axis stability if you put too much or too little rudder in. This really is a fun GA aircraft for FSX, there's fixed gear and retractable options, with a noticable difference in performance between the 2. RG can have you cruising around 120 at about 75-80% throttle, fixed gear right about the 110-100 mark.
2/5 Verified Purchase
There is no auto pilot that a did not know.But nice airplane.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.