Bronco X for FSX/P3D
For any aviation enthusiasts, the Bronco is one of the most loveable aircrafts of its 1960s heyday. As a major part of the military expansion that took place in the 60s, aircraft became faster, stronger and more reliable. However, while the size and power of the aircraft were apparent, many of these models were unable to make the same impact in jungle terrains and harsh environmental conditioning. Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v3 and v4
- File size
- 280 MB
Enter the OV-10 Bronco. This aircraft hit the market and very quickly became a majorly popular aircraft for dealing with these terrain conditions. Capable of landing on carriers as well as grass with ease, it soon become a staple in military environments.
This edition, created by Aerosoft, helps to bring that versatility to life in the most wonderful fashion possible. The new Bronco X release, built using the help of those who still fly them today, ensures that this leaves you with a very close take on the real thing. This results in a very fun and charismatic aviation experience, making sure you can enjoy an aircraft that is flexible and comes with controls you can easily master. Highly authentic, you’ll need to get to grips with new features like electrical fuel systems. Taking the time to truly understand this wildly different aircraft, though, will be a reward well worth your time.
Those who invest in this take on the OV-10 Bronco will come away with 8 very impressive model. Each model covers major organizations like USAF, US Marines, and even NASA, ensuring it feels authentic and fun to fly. Also, no model edition comes without an impressive level of attention to detail; by using the latest insights into modeling, this takes the model as far as FSX can manage.
Visually, too, you will see other major changes. From the needles skyrocketing on the gauges to lighting being entirely new, visual appeal here is massive. The development team has really gone the extra mile to include new animations, from smoke generation to oil cooler doors opening and closing. The aircraft feels alive, with everything moving as it should and creating a much more immersive and enjoyable cockpit experience.
The engines, a Honeywell TPE331, is included in the aircraft totally made from scratch. This allows for a very impressive feel to the aircraft, which ensures the visuals aren’t the only impressive part. The authentic use of wear and tear on the engine as you use it, too, alongside the chance for start-up sequence alterations and even in-air restarts, this adds a whole new dynamic to your flying.
Also, the engine can work authentically due to the fact it delivers realistic engine failures due to overheating or excessive torque. Add in the engine flame-outs due to icing, too, and you can see a really challenging yet rewarding aviation experience unfold in front of you. With fully operational TACAN radios and COM2 adios alongside a Becker BXP-6401 transponder, this makes a massive difference to the immersion and authenticity of the aircraft itself.
- Massive attention to detail in both the visual and performance side of the aircraft.
- Authentic failures including engine firs, flame-outs and fully working fire extinguishers.
- Electrical systems coded from scratch allows for electrical loads per container to be calculated.
- Make use of an immersive cockpit, full of information about flight performance. Watch as needles on gauges fly sky-high, giving prompt warnings of when to stop and start etc.
- Fully functional GPS custom developed and designed with map modes, direct-to modes, cursor modes and more.
- Engineer stations are included to help visualize the state of your electrical systems; entirely new to this release.
- Unique checklist gauges give you the chance to make sure that every flight perfectly follows the rules.
- New sounds help add to the oval atmosphere, ensuring that you can hear the aircraft react to every decision that you take.
- Authentic flight mechanics make sure you are left with a very impressive take, with real test flights taken on a proper OV-10 to make sure it flies just as it should.
- Optimized to help ensure high performance without taking away from the visual appeal or how the aircraft performs in the air.
- Gauges are included, with a single VC section ensuring you can easily control the OV-10 with glaring accuracy.
- Paint kits included for those who would like to develop their designs.
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.