Airport Vaeroy for X-Plane
For anyone who has any knowledge of Norwegian and Scandinavian lifestyle, you will have likely heard of Værøy. This small, peaceful location is a truly exciting place to come and visit. Just on the southern tip of the Loften archipelago, a visit here offers a very exciting opportunity for aviation lovers. With unpredictable and at times wild weather and the beautiful auroras in the sky during the winter, a trip here at any time of year can be truly enjoyable. Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- X-Plane 11 and 10
- File size
- 1.4 GB
However, X-Plane 10 and 11 users might find it lacks the quality one would expect. This accurate rendition of the island helps to make sure that such problems can be corrected. By changing Værøy Airport and Værøy Heliport into much more authentic takes on their real-life counterparts, this helps to promote a missing realism with ease.
From the airport based at the bottom of a massive 450m cliff to the Aurora Borealis bouncing around in the winter sky, users can enjoy a much more enticing, exciting visit to this particular part of Norway than previously possible.
- A very impressive take on the real Værøy Airport, ensuring it perfectly captures the real airport. This is the same for nearby Værøy Heliport.
- Authentic and accurate detail has gone into the terrain, with the famous sloped runway of Værøy Airport included for extra effect.
- Photorealistic, impressive texture which covers the whole island has been included to ensure it’s as close to the real isle as is possible.
- Airport buildings and heliport buildings are added with impressive, realistic takes on the detail and shape of the airport itself. Everything is as close to the real Værøy as is possible.
- Custom city and harbor modeling used to help make sure that every part of Værøy is as close to the real layout as is possible.
- Airport taxiway and runway scale, shape and depth have been changed to make sure it’s much more detailed than previously expected.
- Customized windsock and flag animations, runway, and approach lighting and PLASI lighting all included for the best performance and visibility.
- Authentic new night-time effects help to add to the realism of the flight experience. Make sure you can take off and fly with the minimum of fuss each time.
- Terminals have been modeled on the interior to ensure that both airport and heliport have terminals which can be seen from the outside.
- Seasonal changes are included to make sure that the entire Værøy area will change when users arrive at different times of the year.
- Prefer to have total authenticity? Then use the beautiful Aurora Borealis effect to help make sure that you are left with a more precise system.
- Made specifically for use with X-Plane 10 and 11.
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.