Airport Genoa Scenery for X-Plane
Its location on an artificial peninsula in the Ligurian Sea built just for this cause makes the Airport Genoa “Cristoforo Colombo” uniquely identifiable and offers a spectacular approach right across the harbor of this famous Italian coastal city. Airport Genoa brings this scenery to XPlane, complete with a high-resolution aerial image covering 187 km² and a custom mesh to accurately render the special runway in the sea. The ground layout of the airport is just as detailed and realistic as the airport itself and the harbor of Genoa that feature numerous custom objects. Animated jetways at the airport and ship animations on the Ligurian Sea bring this scenery to life, while the accurately rendered lighting makes the airport shine at night. Head for the most important Ligurian airport in Italy’s north-west and its unique approach with Airport Genoa for X-Plane 11! Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- X-Plane 11
- File size
- 1.3 GB
- High-resolution photoreal coverage of 187 km²
- Includes custom models for the city and the harbors of Genoa
- Well-detailed, accurate and high-quality renders of Genoa airport (LIMJ), including baked/pre-rendered shadows and realistic transparency of the terminal windows
- Unique, realistic and accurate airport night light (runway, taxiways, aprons, surroundings)
- Accurate and realistic ground poly based on photos and satellite images
- A large number of custom objects dedicated to Genoa airport and city – cars, trucks, buses, airport equipment, boats (many types), static aircraft, and more
- Landable helipads at Sheraton Hotel and City Hospital
- Accurate renders of the harbor and many objects along the approach
- Realistic and accurate ILS offset of 2 degrees
- Animated jetways, VDGS, and hangars (SAM plug-in required)
- 3D volumetric grass between taxiways
- Massively optimized for good performance
- Animated ships around the airport
- Custom mesh for the airport runway over the sea (by Maps2XPlane)
- Automatic low visibility lighting
- Custom WorldTraffic 3 Configuration files included
Custom-made realistic static aircraft, including:
- Bell 412 SP (Guardia Costiera)
- Hughes NH-500MC (BredaNardi)
- Piaggio P-180 Avanti
- Piper Archer 2 PA-28 Aeroclub Genova
- Canadair CL-415 VIGILI DEL FOUCO
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.