Airport Cologne (Köln)/Bonn Scenery for X-Plane
As long-standing governmental airport and Luftwaffe facility, the Airport Cologne/Bonn is one of Germany's major airports - it's not without reason bearing the name of the first German chancellor Konrad Adenauer. The scenery was developed by Jo Erlend Sund in great detail for X-Plane 11. Read more...
- X-Plane 11
- File size
- 7 GB
The airport comes with a large photo scenery surrounding of approx. 1000 km² and was recreated with high-quality 3D models and photorealistic textures. Its seasonal adaptations and custom winter textures make it shine all year long. Around the parking positions, you'll find lots of ground equipment and clutter objects, exemplifying the developer's attention to detail put into this scenery. The numerous animations, of e.g. the service vehicles, passengers, or windsocks, bring the airport further to life.
Using the built-in configuration tool allows you to adapt a lot of options to your specific needs, so the performance does not have to play second fiddle behind the incredible level of detail.
- Features highly accurate recreation of Cologne Bonn Airport (EDDK, CGN)
- High-fidelity 3D models of airport terminals, buildings, and other airport facilities
- Interior terminal models included
- Highly detailed PBR textures
- Multiple texture resolution sets included
- Highly detailed ground service equipment and clutter objects at aircraft stands
- Up to date runway, taxiway, and stand layouts
- Ambient service vehicle traffic on ramp
- Custom road traffic around terminal entrance and cargo area
- Animated ambient passengers inside airport terminals
- Animated ambient ground crews on ramp and aircraft stands
- Custom animated windsock and anemometer models
- Compatible with AI traffic packages
- Large ortho coverage of the airport and surrounding area (approx. 1000 km²)
- Custom runway and approach light effects
- Realistic night time effects with HDR lighting
- Static aircraft included as an option
- Ambient passenger animations for included static aircrafts
- Volumetric grass included with multiple densities available
- Configuration tool included
- Seasonal textures and model variations included as an optional download
- Animated jetways and passenger stairs (SAM plug-in required)
- VGDS and Marshallers included (SAM plug-in required)
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.