Airport Berlin Brandenburg Scenery v2 for X-Plane
Being infamous for its construction delays, the German capital's new (and now only) airport is finally open and available for X-Plane 11! Read more...
- X-Plane 11
- File size
- 4 GB
This extension covers the new Airport Berlin Brandenburg as well as the former Berlin Schönefeld Airport. Fly government personnel and guests to the new reception area with its own terminal and apron, fly tourists on sightseeing flights over the not-too-distant city center, or simply carry freight and/or passengers from one of many terminals, including the re-branded Terminal 5 (formerly SXF) and BER Terminal 1 and 2 as well as the freight apron.
Being in the center of Europe, BER offers you innumerable opportunities for your occasional after-work flight while the airport also caters to wide-body jets that bring you to more distant destinations in the Americas, Asia, and Africa.
- Highly detailed rendition of Berlin Brandenburg International Airport "Willy Brandt" (BER)
- Includes the older Schönefeld (SXF) airport (north of BER) with the same level of detail
- Includes two configs to switch between SXF and BER operation
- Custom animated approach lights (SAM Plugin required)
- All jetways animated (SAM Plugin required)
- Custom ground service vehicles (SAM AirportVehicles required)
- Compatible with SAM Colors & Seasons
- Numerous dynamic objects like apron vehicles
- High-resolution day and night textures
- Extensive coverage of over 100 km² with high-resolution aerial imagery (0.2-0.4 m/px)
- Realistic 3D grass and vegetation
- Compatible with default AI-Traffic and World Traffic 3
New in V2:
- Brand new highly detailed government terminal with a reception area for the German Capital's government VIP's including presidents, premier ministers, kings, and queens
- Updated several buildings & textures at SXF area like noise barriers, Bundespolizei-building, floodlights, Northgate car park, taxi lights, wigwags, and more
- New Terminal 2 and other buildings recently constructed
- New orthophoto (2020)
- Reworked grass and vegetation
- Updated taxiway, apron and stands layout (including the brand-new taxiway G, taxiway C extension, apron 3B, and more)
- Reworked pavement textures quality
- Updated taxiway signage
- Optimized road networks and surrounding autogen (incl. X-Europe compatibility option)
- Updated ATC frequencies
- Many small tweaks and fixes
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.