Airport Berlin Brandenburg (EDDB) v2 Scenery for MSFS1 reviews
After the considerable delays in constructing Germany’s Berlin Brandenburg Airport, now it has finally arrived in the real world, it is available in the virtual one for Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 Release
- File size
- 5 GB
Now, v2. Changelog below.
And it has been reproduced with the utmost accuracy and attention to detail. In the real world, this airport serves multiple purposes, from government business to sightseeing flights for tourists, to both local and international freight and passenger flights.
All of the airport buildings, terminals, hangars, and general airport facilities have been reproduced. This offering also features the new Terminal 2 along with other recently constructed buildings, including the exclusive terminal for government personnel, ministers, and royalty and VIPs.
The taxiways, aprons, and stand layouts are also highly accurate and include the new taxiway G and taxiway C extensions.
The realistic and dynamic night lighting further brings this airport to life. The terrain around the airport has also been accurately recreated, something that the virtual pilot may particularly appreciate when taxiing.
This add-on is also one of the first to use the new advanced Microsoft Flight Simulator airport taxiway lighting system, which includes custom-made models for this airport and adds yet another layer of authenticity.
The immediate vicinity is also reproduced using a custom aerial image. There are also recognizable buildings that have been accurately replicated, such as the Waltersdorf shopping complex, various bridges and autobahn flyovers, and much more.
In short, the Berlin Brandenburg Airport is a destination where the virtual pilot, depending on what flight they choose, will be able to put multiple aviation skills to the test.
- Highly detailed and accurate replication of Berlin Brandenburg Airport (EDDB, BER)
- Accurate reproduction of all airport buildings, terminals, hangars, and general airport facilities
- New terminal for use by government VIPs and guests
- New Terminal 2 as well as other recently constructed buildings
- Accurate taxiway including new taxiway G, and taxiway C extension
- Accurate apron and stands layout
- Custom aerial image for the airport bounds and immediate surroundings
- Custom animated jetways and taxiway signage
- Authentically real and dynamic night lighting
- Includes new MSFS advanced airport taxiway lighting system
Changes in v2
- NEW: Now compatible with Xbox!
- NEW: Dense animated custom ground traffic with applicable lights and sounds!
- NEW: Apron E extension with new parking positions E21-E35 including static GPUs
- NEW: Apron A extension with new parking positions A13-A19
- NEW: Honeywell VDGS systems (requires Aerosoft VDGS driver)
- NEW: Animated people added to the terminals
- NEW: Static aircraft (mainly around maintenance areas)
- NEW: Aprons and taxiways now show more signs of usage since the airport has been opened.
- NEW: Skydiving center VFR object (07L approach)
- NEW: New Easyjet maintenance hangar
- NEW: New Hotel building at the airport plaza behind the main terminal
- NEW: Container offices structure between main apron and tower
- NEW: Bast fences around the tower
- NEW: Perimeter fences around the whole airport
- NEW: More vehicle parking positions for better compatibility with GSX
- NEW: Easter egg :)
- UPDATED: Huge update of ground layout with many little details changed
- UPDATED: More parked cars around the airport
- UPDATED: Improved texture resolution for most buildings
- UPDATED: Improved performance: All models have LODs now
- UPDATED: Fixed night illumination and detail of apron lights + collision barriers
- UPDATED: Position of stand designator signs + added collision barriers
- UPDATED: New Wigwag models
- UPDATED: Taxiway guidance at the main apron updated to have "virtual courts" (road crossing the apron in the north can now be crossed at one location only, and has in-concrete flashlights at stop bars)
- UPDATED: Stand positions for fewer collisions with static equipment
- UPDATED: More realistic interior lighting of the main terminal
- UPDATED: All taxi signs updated to reflect the current apron/taxiway layout
- UPDATED: Taxisigns now cause the light on the surrounding terrain
- UPDATED: Removed default road overlays within the airport perimeter
- FIXED: Renamed Gate A23 to A11 and A24 to A12
- FIXED: Airstairs can now be requested via ATC at gates with no jetways connected to them
- FIXED: Updated gate names with A/B/C appendix (e.g. B0702 to B07B as in real world)
- FIXED: Removed default road light dots on airside/apron
- FIXED: Terminal sign for B14 was duplicated, B15 missing -> now fixed
- FIXED: Transparencies for some airport-type designators along stop markers
- FIXED: Smoothed some bumpy terrain around bridges and terminal landside
Note: Product installation runs via Aerosoft One software – an internet connection and an Aerosoft customer account (which can be created after purchase) are required.
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
Iam absolutely impressed with the accuracy and detail. I have been in Berlin several times during my military career. The attention to detail is absolutely unbelievable, very impressed!
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.