- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & PREPAR3D
- File size
- 58.5 MB
Update for v1.2
- New P3D V1 / V2 INSTALLER
- New seat logo (Flysimware logo)
- Airspeed now reads in MPH
- New coding for battery switch, blip switch and hand crank
- Battery switch off now prevents engine from starting but allows the prop to spin
- Air pressure gauge and tooltip now reads total engine fuel pressure + air pump pressure
- Updated contact points for more ground stability and changed rear wheel to skid
- New engine performance (Max 1,300 RPM at 93 HP and 93 MPH plus more!)
- New flight dynamics (New overall balance for CG with full power plus more!)
- Removed more hidden parts from interior model (Increase in FPS)
- Updated manual with new table of contents (New photo illustrations for easy instructions)
The Thomas-Morse S-4 Scout was an American biplane advanced trainer, operated by the Army and Navy. Dubbed the "Tommy" by pilots who flew it, the aircraft became the favorite single-seat training airplane produced in the U.S. during World War I, having a long and varied career beginning with the S4B, which first appeared in the summer of 1917.
The S-4B, with a 110 hp Gnome, span of 27í, and length 20í3î proved more successful, with three prototypes followed by an order of 97 for the Army and 10 for the Navy, while six more were completed with two main and one tail floats as the Navy S-5.The S4B was used by practically every pursuit flying school in the U.S. during 1918.
It was supplemented in 1918 by the S-4C, at a cost of US$5400 each. Six prototypes were built, and the 80 hp (60 kW) Gnome B-9 was replaced by the "more reliable" 80 hp (60 kW) Le RhÙne C-9 with the fifty-second aircraft. Four S-4Cs with floats went to the Navy, and 461 for the Army.
2 high quality models (S-4B, S-4C) powered by a 160 hp Gnome engine. These models have no throttle, that's right no throttle, because there is no carburetor. The Gnome power and rpm are based off of the 2 magneto positions. The left magneto has 2 positions, full power and idle. The right magneto has 5 positions. Full power, which fires the spark plugs each revolution, half power 4 revolutions, quarter power, 8 revolutions and eighth power, 12 revolutions to fire 9 times. This makes it sound like a 2 stroke engine. Our custom sound set will change the sound based off of the magneto position. We included a machine gun that includes smoke effects, tracer effects and functions like the real gun.
3 paint themes with 3 bonus HD textures that you can choose from the aircraft list. Includes over 6 bump textures and realistic paint themes. The control panel gives you quick access to maps, atc, aircraft procedures, repair and refuel options.
You can change model features from your control panel and they include: Wheel chocks, service mode, parked mode and engine housing cover.
With only a few gauges these models run faster than the default C172. You you can expect amazing frames and even fly formation with superior graphics!
- Real world HD quality 3D gauges
- HD & High quality textures (Bump / World Reflections / Skin Mesh)
- Bones animation
- Custom sound set
- Flysimware's virtual cockpit sound module adds over 10 bonus sounds
- Over 50 custom xml gauges
- Over stress sounds
- High quality pilot with animated head movements
- Over 50 high quality cable tentioners
- Change exterior model parts from control panel
- Engine timed working maching gun
- Bonus service mode with many interior parts
- Wheel chock that will activate ground retraints
- High quality Gnome rotary engine and prop
- Yoke & Linkage: VC - Exterior
- Pedals & Linkage: VC - Exterior
- Pilots: NO - Exterior
- Doors: VC - Exterior
- Switches, Levers and Gauges: VC - Exterior
- Bonus Animation: VC - Exterior
- Custom Sound Set
- Bonus custom sound module includes over 15 bonus sounds
- THOMAS MORSE SCOUT S-4B
- THOMAS MORSE SCOUT S-4C
- S-4B Air Force Museum Dayton, OH
- S-4C 'Owned By' PAUL KOTZE
- S-4C 'Movie' DAWN PATROL
- HD S-4B Air Force Museum Dayton, OH
- HD S-4C 'Owned By' PAUL KOTZE
- HD S-4C 'Movie' DAWN PATROL
Rated 4.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
Leifur Magnusson III - 04/04/2015
Had to run installer to default old FSX location and copy/paste over to Steam to get it in.. I like the details and functionality of the plane.