Saab 340 for X-Plane 111 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- X-Plane 11 Only
- File size
- 550 MB
Swedish aviation may not be the most prominent, but in the Saab 340 the Swedes have produced a very impressive twin-engine turboprop aircraft.
It was introduced in 1984 and, while it is no longer being produced, it is still in regular service. Produced as a partnership by Saab AB and Fairchild Aircraft, eventually Saab took over the development of the wings, empennage, and wing-mounted nacelles for the engines.
While it was received as a success, the Saab 340 suffered from massive market competition. In 1998, after over a decade of production, the Saab 340 was ended in production. Itís still in use today, though, with many companies still using derivatives of the 340. Primary users include(d) Regional Express, Silver Airways, Loganair, and PenAir. With over 450 of the Saab 340 built, it was a relative success.
Now, users of X-Plane 11 can feel for themselves what being in charge of a Saab aircraft would have felt like. With realistic flight dynamics and performance, this flies true to both the Saab 340 and X-Plane 11 properties.
- Realistic 4K PBR textures that utilize real-life imagery to recreate the look of a Saab.
- Realistic metal reflections developed using X-Plane 11 dynamic reflections add-ons.
- Flight dynamics adjusted to fit with the new XP11.30 additions and standards.
- New in-depth annunciator logic and warning system alongside new throttle logic.
- New EHSI and EADI logic included.
- Customizable EHSI and EADI instruments included with an MFD85 moving map.
- Support for RealityXP GTN750 systems.
- VR support included with key snap points for the easiest use.
- Extensive HDR lighting and other gimballed 3D lighting for better visibility.
- FMS integrated with a pop-up window that follows the Laminar default design.
- APS85 autopilot system that comes with a bespoke pop-up window.
- Custom systems for pusher logic and custom torque.
- New and improved gust lock system.
- New air conditioning, pressurization, and oxygen systems.
- FMOD sound system included with realistic sound effect distances and ambiance.
- New electrical system with improved start logic and various logic for props, hydraulics, de-icing, etc.
- Customized independent windshield wiper logic included.
- New airspeed indicator that comes with a barber pole and functional test sequencing.
- Stewardess control panels included for total control.
- Passenger seats are easily adjustable including seatbacks, table trays, etc.
- Fully compatible with other add-ons such as Goodway.
- Support for other major plug-ins such as Librain: includes wiper support.
- An impressive model that recreates the Saab 340 in pristine detail.
- 9 HD liveries that cover the Saab 340 from various times in its existence.
- An HD blank livery that you can edit and adjust for just about any purpose.
- Various PDF documents for Emergency and Standard procedures when flying.
- Reference guides, performance tables, and overhead panel layouts in PDF format.
- X-Plane FMS and Recommended Settings guide for the best performance.
- DCP PDF file included.
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
Excellent graphics on this Saab 340 - it's not too indifferent from the real aircraft and most things that you can press work!
Fps is good. - reflections are superb and handling is realistic.
Fmc a little pain to get used to if you're not sure on these. X plane specific- not like the real aircraft. No weather radar which is little down putting but hey , its otherwise fantastic!