RAF West Raynham Scenery for FSX/P3D
RAF West Raynham is a former Royal Air Force station located 2 miles west of West Raynham, Norfolk, England. Built between 1938 and 1939, RAF West Raynham was an expansion scheme airfield. The airfield opened during May 1939 and was used by RAF Bomber Command during the Second World War. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v3/v4
- File size
- 72 MB
- Team SDB
In the 1950s to early-1960s RAF West Raynham was Central Fighter Establishment of the Royal Air Force.In the mid-1960s, the East side of the airfield was converted into a Surface-to-Air Missile (SAM) site with Bristol Bloodhound Mk II missiles of 41 Squadron with the West side occupied by Hawker Hunters of
No. 1 and No. 54 Squadrons.
In 1964 a tripartite squadron, comprised of British, American and German armed forces, was formed at West Raynham to evaluate the Hawker P.1127 Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) strike fighter aircraft which later became the Harrier.
This scenery of RAF West Raynham by Team SDB represents the base during the 1960s with Hawker Hunters of 1 Squadron and 54 Squadron and Bloodhound missiles of 41 Squadron.
The scenery consists of:
- Full complement of hangars and support buildings
- Technical site and accommodation representative of the period
- Photo-real ground overlay works with Generation-X Scenery and/or FSX/P3D
- Operational night lighting
- Dynamic night lighting in Prepar3D v4
- Static RAF Hawker Hunters and Bristol Bloodhound Mk II missiles
- Static Hawker Siddeley P.1127 and RAF Bristol Britannia
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP w/SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit) ? Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold or SP2 required)
- or Dovetail Games FSX-SE
- or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v1,2,3 & 4
- CPU 2.4Ghz or better
- 2Gb RAM Minimum
- 512 MB DX9 or DX10 Graphics Card or better
- 40MB for download, 87MB for installation
Team SDB generously donates a portion of revenues from its products to UK Help for Heroes
About Team SDB
Team SDB, a joint effort from developers based in the UK and USA but primarily consisting of Mike Dews in the UK and Frank Safranek in the USA have been developing flight simulator scenery add-ons for over a decade. Originally beginning with work published by Alphasim (Phil Perrott) also known for Virtavia, they now release independantly.
Team SDB generally focus on UK/US airfields, airbases and military precenses and bring them to life as scenery add-ons in the simulators. They have released many titles that have been well received by the community compatible with a range of simulators such FS2004, FSX and Prepar3D. They also have other projects releases such as aircraft carrier add-ons compatible with the latest sims.
Team SDB also hope to remaster and release their scenery add-on portfolio for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 release.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.