- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- X-Plane 10.40 (or higher)
- File size
- 412 MB
Now version 3.2.
- X-Plane 64 bits compatible.
- Original PC12 Electronic flight instrument system (EFIS)
- Working stick shaker and pusher installed
- New and improved multi-function scroll support
- Volumetric side view prop effect.
- Two defaultX-Plane GNS530.
- Original EFIS with EADI and EHSI installed
- Two GNS530 installed
- Original autopilot installed
- HD quality textures (4096 x 4096)
- 350 pixels / meter textures
- Smooth animation button logic with custom audio
- 3D gauges
- Original HQ digital stereo sounds recorded directly from the real aircraft
- 3D stereo effects, such as outside sounds entering open windows.
- Customizable panel for controlling window transparency, instrument reflections and static elements such as wheel chocks and turbine inlet/exhaust covers.
- Realistic behavior compared to the real airplane. Realistic weight and balance. Tested by real pilots.
- Realistic 3D night lights effects on panel and cockpit.
- Individual passenger 3D reading lights and numerous HDR lighting effects.
- Dynamic loading/unloading of 3D parts and plugin logic for FPS optimization.
- Ice and Rain effect
Included in the package
- 6 HD liveries
- 1 HD Blank livery
- PC12 Electronic Flight Information System (EFIS) PDF
- PC12 Emergency Checklist PDF
- PC12 Normal Checklist PDF
- PC12 Performance Tables
- PC12 Reference PDF
- Recommended Settings PDF
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
I don't think that anyone is surprised when Carenado comes out with a new release and it's absolutely stunning, and their Pilatus PC-12 is no exception. A lot of their models, however, are compatible with multiple simulators, which potentially means that they have to throttle features in order for it work well on each simulator. This is not the case here; this release is just for X-Plane, so you can be sure that they have squeezed every last drop of detail and functionality into this package.
Although par for the course with Carenado, it is still worth mentioning the quality of the model and the textures that help bring it to life. Massive 4k resolution textures in a total of six different liveries ensure that, aesthetically, there is something for everyone. And if what you’re looking can't be found there, the included blank livery is your canvas to create whatever livery you want. Polished off with specular lights and whatever else it is that they do to make their models look so good, including special effects, like ice and rain effects, as well as a volumetric side view prop effect, that help make the whole model feel really believable.
The cockpit features 3D gauges and realistic 3D lighting effects that make it incredibly atmospheric. This is further enhanced by the HQ sound set that has been recorded from PC-12's real life counterpart, even going so far as to have environmental sounds come in through open windows; it brings everything together to make the whole aircraft feel truly realistic. The same is true for the performance and handling of the aircraft. It's been fine tuned and tested by real world pilots to mimic the behavior of the real thing and, near as I can tell, they're spot on.
Even if you're not familiar with flying a single engined turboprop, I think this one is worth checking out. This package comes with enough .PDF's of checklists and references that this should be a good platform to learn some new skills and increase the range of aircraft that you're proficient with.