McDonnell Douglas F-15 C, E & I Eagle for MSFS1 reviews
Available for Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 are the first collection of aircraft from DC Designs in this F-15 Eagle package. Featuring four highly detailed recreations of the F-15C, F-15D, F-15E, and the F-15I Ra’am planes, each aircraft is meticulously replicated to look as realistic as possible. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 Release
- File size
- 800 MB
- Just Flight
These aircraft have used Microsoft Flight Simulator code and native “Model Behaviors” animations, meaning that there will be no issue with any future Microsoft upgrades.
They are also fully compliant with Microsoft Flight Simulator native materials, as well as the features of the simulator, such as reflective glass, general sounds, rain effects, and much more.
Furthermore, each of the aircraft contains custom-built animated effects, including afterburners and G-vapor. There are also custom-modeled Head-up Displays.
The night lighting takes the realism to another level entirely, perhaps especially so with the user-operated slime lights used for combat operations, as well as custom-coded air-intake animations which are based on such things as the speed of the aircraft and the angle of attack.
The realism and authenticity continue with the highly detailed cockpits which are accurately replicated in 3D and with highly detailed textures. They further include controls, 3D instruments, and modeled ejector seats. In fact, these 3D dials and instruments, including a “whiskey” compass and visual layout, are based on the actual F-15 appearance and systems.
All twin-seat variants include both front and rear cockpit positions, and whichever seat you choose to position yourself in, the crew figures are coded to disappear as you do so. Furthermore, there are working rear-view mirrors and the “scratched canopy” glass effects and reflective glass brings the cockpits to life even more.
The live mounting of weapons on hardpoints with the active weight increase is custom coded and available as user-controlled ordnance through the Payload Manager simulator.
The external features are also highly detailed, including the canopy and crew ladders, and there are custom visibility controls for wheel chocks, covers, GPU, and guards. Further still, there are eight different liveries offered across the four aircraft, as well as Paint Kit and full operations manual.
In short, these DC Designs F-15 Eagle aircraft are as close to the real planes as any virtual pilot will get and will surely not disappoint.
- Features four F-15 Eagle aircraft (F-15C, F-15D, F-15E, and F-15I Ra’am)
- Features custom animated effects such as afterburners and G-vapor
- Highly detailed 3D cockpits with accurate controls, instruments, and ejector seats
- The “whiskey” compass, dials, and instruments, and visual layouts fully based on the appearance and systems of the F-15 Eagle planes
- “Scratch canopy” glass effects, reflective glass, and rearview mirrors
- All twin-variants feature front and rear seats
- A code that means crew figures will disappear upon you sitting in their seat
- Highly detailed external features such as canopy and crew ladders
- Custom coded air intake animations calculated on speed and angle of attack
- Dynamic and realistic night lighting, including slime lighting for combat operations
- Built to MSFS operational specifications meaning there should no issues with future simulator upgrades
- Fully compliant with MSFS native materials
- Compatible with Virtual Reality headsets
There are also eight liveries across the four featured aircraft. They are:
- 493rd FS based at RAF Lakenheath
- 173rd Fighter Wing, Oregon Air National Guard
- 144th Fighter Wing, California Air National Guard
- 1st Tactical Fighter Wing, Langley AFB, Virginia
- 493rd FS based at RAF Lakenheath
- 336th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, North Carolina
- 391st Fighter Squadron, 'Bold Tigers', Mountain Home AFB
- 391st Fighter Squadron, 'Tiger Meet' 2005
- N 69 Squadron 'Patishim' (Hammers)
- Also includes Paint Kit and full operations manual
About Just Flight
Based in the United Kingdom, Just Flight, owned by Mastertronic Group has been in the simulation business since the early days of FS2000. Developing in-house creations and publishing flight sim add-ons from third-party developers for various platforms including MSFS, X-Plane, and Prepar3D.
Their latest focus has been on the next-gen platforms including P3Dv5 and Microsoft's latest flight simulator, MSFS (2020) release.
Trusted by thousands of flight simmers worldwide, Just Flight is a household name in flight simulation.
Rated 4.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
4/5 Verified Purchase
the external and internal rendering of the plane are impressive and realistic. I don't know what a real F15 fly like so it is hard to comment on the flight characteristic but this plane feels "heavy" and sluggish, like a bomber, and not very nimble as one would expect from a fighter. It can barely do a loop on the same heading. Inside the cockpit, very few knobs and dials are animated. Can't change the MFD. The HUD is hard to read, as if there is a split screen right where the air speed is. Sometimes it disappears depending on your attitude and lighting condition. The analogue airspeed is just as hard to read. It is surprisingly easy to land as the speed washes off easily once the throttle is retarded and it sinks like a brick. However, the"clunk" of landing is not well animated and one can't feel the suspension bouncing the plane while taxiing. My pre-set input for views on my flight stick are messed up. I lose two of my pre-selected views (45 degree left and right) I can't readjust them as it would mess up the other planes when I fly them. Compared to the other military jets on MSFS, this is much better than the Eurofighter but comes second to the aeromichhi
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.