Gripen Rm-12 Sound Pack for FSX/P3D
As any pilot will know, the sounds that your aircraft makes will play an equal role in flight performance to what you can see. Being able to react to the sounds of your aircraft in FS2004 and FSX though, can be tough. The generic nature of sounds can make it hard to know what your aircraft is trying to “say”: this add-on from Turbine Sound Studios, though, corrects that oversight. Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition and Prepar3D (all versions including v4)
- File size
- 41 MB
- Turbine Sound Studios
Sound Pack Compatibility Note: This sound pack will work with any aircraft model, both freeware or payware in FSX and P3D.
Now, FS2004/FSX pilots can make trips in the Gripen RM-12 far more accommodating. They are not only fun aircraft to fly, but they are now much easier to control. With reactive sounds in accordance to what your aircraft does, this makes sure that sounds are very accurate to the real thing.
This should make it easier for pilots to feel like they are at home in the cockpit of the Gripen. Thanks to the Volvo Aero modification of the F404, this aircraft produces high-quality performance, durability to bird strikes and also easy storage of the single engine. This is captured in the sounds, with an aircraft that sounds accurate and secure with every flick of a switch in the cockpit.
Just over half of the engine parts used by the Gripen RM-12 are made by General Electrics. The rest are then shipped to their Sweden base to be put together. The needed key part such as the compressor discs and casing, the compressor spools, the hubs and the seals as well as the afterburner all are made here.
This is reflected in the sounds of the aircraft, too. Each part of the aircraft will deliver a telling change to the way that you handle the aircraft. From the sound reacting to poor performance to let you know when an issue unfolds, this adds to the immersion significantly.
- Highly impressive autopilot sounds and stall sounds help to deliver the perfect blend of engineering ingenuity and safety assistance to stop you from crashing.
- Bespoke new weather sounds added, too. These really go the extra mile in making sure you can hear the wind whistle beyond the cockpit as you fly.
- New gear and flap sounds can be heard, too. This is useful for knowing what kind of performance your aircraft is producing, with problematic sounds easily picked up upon.
- Customized start-up and shutdown sounds help you to hear the Gripen roar into life, or shut down in an instant. An impressive, immersive take on aviation atmosphere.
- Ambient cockpit sounds really add a nice level of comfort to the flight, making it easy to relax and feel at home as the pilot. Really adds to the overall pilot experience.
About Turbine Sound StudiosView all products/add-ons by Turbine Sound Studios.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.