Eurocopter EC-130 B4 for FSX/P3D
The Eurocopter EC-130 is one of the most popular helicopters on the market ever since its introduction to the market in 2001. It has a traditional tail fan, rather than the usual tail rotor found on older Eurocopter models, as well. It's distinct changed and wide body made it a vast commercial improvement over older models - and even today, still some of the newer models. It's a very popular brand of helicopter and it's popularity comes from the reliability and performance provided in vast consistency. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (all versions including Steam Edtion) and Prepar3D v4
- File size
- 712 MB
- Nemeth Designs
Because of its popularity in real-life airports all around the world, especially as a tour operation vehicle in countries like Hawaii, it's no surprise to see Nemeth Designs carrying on their design work to incorporate the Eurocopter EC-130 B4 for FSX. It's also regularly used by air medical services because of the large size of the cabin, providing plenty of room for those who need aid. it's these bulky characteristics and stability, as well as the outstanding visibility from the cockpit, that has seen the Eurocopter not only still used today but becoming even more popular than ever!
With more than 10,000 Turbomecca Arriel 2B1 Turboshaft engines being made by 2012, it's no surprise to see the Eurocopter EC-130 B4 making solid use of these well respected engines. It also utilizes Full Automatic Digital Engine Control, or FADEC, with a third automatic back-up channel to boost the power of the helicopter even further. If you are looking for a helicopter that comes with modern inclusions like GPS and Integrated VFR equipment, then you want to look into the Eurocopter EC-130 to improve your experience with FSX further.
It's perfect for using in both day and night environments within the simulator and it's an absolute dream to fly. Nemeth Designs have got the specifications and capabilities of the helicopter absolutely spot on, allowing anybody who has ever stepped foot inside one of these helicopters in real-life to get a genuinely authentic experience. By making sure that that the model comes as close to the real thing as it can within the confines of the game, this is perfect for anybody who wishes to get a rough feel for what a Eurocopter model can do in real life.
The most specific features about the helicopter that stand out in use is how quiet it is in comparison to many other similarly sized helicopters. This is one of its main benefits in real-life, and Nemeth Designs have captured this perfectly. You also get the outstanding vision mentioned before, so if you fly in first-person you will get one of the best views of the entire sky in front of you that you can get with a helicopter.
This add-on for FSX uses a variation of the EC-130 B4 that has four separate configurations, allowing you to fly a more bespoke equivalent to what you would realistically prefer, you can choose from the;
- Standard passenger equivalent with analog instruments or LCD instruments
- Passenger transport with luggage baskets or emergency floats
Whatever you prefer to have on-board for your simulation experience, you can customize everything to suit your own tastes and even to mirror your own real-life experiences.
- Realistic and detailed creations of both the interior and exterior of the EC-130 B4 model - with massive detail taken on every single part of the design, you get an authentic equivalent to the real thing
- A fully interactive cockpit that includes all of the installations and systems that you would find on a traditional B4
- Tooltips that give you all the information you need while flying the helicopter to fully understand how it operates and what you need to utilize when in-flight
- Fully operational floats and emergency floats, depending on the model of helicopter that you choose to take out onto the sky
- Extremely detailed design features including helpful lighting in the cockpit when you take to the skies at night as well as customized dirty and rain streaks on the windshield of your helicopter. These can be disabled if you wish
- A full list of animations and customized effects added on to create an authentic look and feel when you are flying the helicopter in the sky, created using a huge variety of different real-life experiences and video footage to fully understand the inner and outer workings of the EC-130 B4 Eurocopter
- Customized 3D gauges inside to give you a genuine representation of what you would be seeing, were you up in the air in the real thing to really guarantee you that realistic first-person experience when you are playing FSX
- 2D panels that give you all the information that you need to see what your helicopter is running at what you need to adjust
If you want to take out a realistic representation of the EC-130 B4 model in FSX, then this is the best choice out there for you. It's been purposely built to reflect all of the potential additions that the current game engine allows, and makes sure that anybody who wishes to try out this model of helicopter in a virtual environment can. This design has been created using a very specific model of research and a long-term building process that makes sure it's every bit as authentic as any other model added into the game by the developers themselves.
Just to make sure you feel like you are getting the full experience, you will also get an easy-to-read PDF operation manual. This can be read on both mobile and desktop devices, so you can brush up on what each dial and node is on your new flight companion. This is the perfect selection for anybody who wants to make sure they get the full understanding of the helicopter itself, so that you can really get in-depth with the learning process of every aircraft you wish to use.
About Nemeth DesignsView all products/add-ons by Nemeth Designs.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.