Douglas A-4 Skyhawk for FSX: Steam Edition1 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition Only
- File size
- 51 MB
When taking to the skies in a military aircraft, it always pays to know that you are in a close representation to the real thing. As a cult classic in warfare aviation, the Douglas A-4 Skyhawk has become a really popular choice to take to the skies in. For those using FSX: Steam Edition, this add-on from Virtavia makes sure you can fly the classic aircraft seen in the likes of Top Gear without any issues!
While the Douglas A-4 Skyhawk is a relic in its own right, itís a popular part of modern aviation with good reason. Not only has the Douglas A-4 Skyhawk been around since the 1950s, it was used for many years by the United States and to this day is still used by military operations around the world.
Indeed, it served a key role in wars such as the Vietnam War and the Falklands War. Despite being in the skies for over six seconds, over 2,900 were built before production stopped in February 1979. While it might be a little old school, the Douglas A-4 Skyhawk poses a unique flight challenge which is created in as much realism as is possible in this add-on.
- New and improved take on the Douglas A-4 Skyhawk, with attention to detail on the main model design and livery included.
- Fully operational APG-53A radar unit, with various forms of control and functionality, included.
- An operational model that carries new features such as catapult bridle and holdback assemblies (FSX Acceleration required).
- New and improved 3D cockpit that delivers a much more immersive experience and helps to improve visibility when flying at night.
- Modern 2048 x 2048 bump mapped textures that deliver a completely new change compared to standard FSX quality.
- Impressive attention to detail on the gauges, using RealGauge 3D instruments to vastly improve this side of cockpit visibility and functionality.
- High-quality sound sets deliver a brilliant audio experience to go alongside the visual changes and operational improvements.
Alongside a very useful new illustrated user manual and also a fresh new Adobe Photoshop paint kit file, this add-on has a DLC package available for it. If you were to choose to invest in the DLC add-on for the Douglas A-4 Skyhawk, you would get access to:
- 25 new exterior models and 25 new cockpit options, all changed slightly from one another.
- 21 new flight dynamic customization sets, each one delivering a new way to fly.
- A host of popular new liveries from the USN, USMC, RAAF, Blue Angels and Top Gear.
- A fully operational APG-53A radar unit, complete with new modes and functions.
- New and improved bomb, missile and tank loadouts to choose from.
- 2048 x 2048 textures included for every new add-on as part of this package.
Rated 4.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
4/5 Verified Purchase
A relatively simple model of a beautiful plane. The VC is not at all bad for this type of model, but of course functionality is limited.
The outside looks a bit plastic, but depending on how you sim it can look pretty good regardless. Definitely not bad.
It flies very easily, controls like a charm. No idea how realistic I could rate it in that sense. It does a good job cruising about slowly and gently, which I like in a model of this kind.
The soundpack is very nicely done and lends itself to some nice low fly-by spotting. I was quite impressed in that regard.
All in all, I would recommend this for anyone looking for a nice, no-nonsense military craft to just cruise around in. From slow scenery touring to acrobatics and ear-deafening fly-by's - it's in there.