DHC-1B-2 Chipmunk Bubble Canopy Expansion for FSX/P3D
This DHC-1B-2 Bubble canopy Chipmunk is an expansion for the Just Flight DHC-1 Chipmunk, which must be installed for it to work. Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (including v4) and Just Flight DHC-1 Chipmunk Base Package
- File size
- 108 MB
- Just Flight
The DHC Chipmunk was designed by engineers at the Canadian offices of the De Havilland Aircraft Company and became the RAF's military trainer of choice in the 1950s.
The Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) had their own version designed, with its most distinctive feature being the large two-piece bubble canopy. This disposed of much of the framework of the standard design and provided a much wider field of view which is so essential in the training environment. It stayed in service with the RCAF until 1972.
The model featured in this add-on for the Just Flight DHC-1 Chipmunk (required for this Bubble Canopy version to work) is the DHC-1B-2 and features many other differences apart from the bubble canopy which distinguishes this version.
In addition to the features that come as standard with the DHC-1 Chipmunk pack:
- Electrical panel is mounted on the top coaming in front of the pilot
- Electrical panel contains switches for the lights, a starter, battery switch, push-button ID light, retractable landing light switch and a volt meter
- Bespoke radio unit fitted ahead of the compass on the floor tunnel.
- Canopy has the appropriate latch system and emergency release mechanism.
- Primer lever and carburettor heat button are correctly placed
- Combined oil temperature and pressure gauge
- Panel carries the appropriate gauges including a fuel pressure gauge
- Fuel cock is replaced by a Left/Right/Off tank selector
- Magneto switches are on the top of the fuselage
- Cockpit/canopy heating system with controls
- All the flying instruments are appropriate to this model
- Seats have built-in pull release for the harnesses
- Retractable landing light in port underwing
- Streamlined navigation lights on wingtips
- Recognition lights buried in the wingroots.
- Repositioned ground power connector on fuselage alongside a battery box
- Hot air exhaust duct and flap under centre fuselage
- Tail light
- First Aid pack on aft fuselage top area
- Solid framed step-plates mounted on the flap and wing surfaces
- Royal Canadian Air Force – Yellow – ‘035’
- Civilian – Silver with light blue and red flash - ‘F-CHIP’
- Manual supplement
- Authentic flight dynamics for this bubble canopy version, with different power and speed limitations
- Appropriate checklists
About Just Flight
Based in the United Kingdom, Just Flight, owned by Mastertronic Group has been in the simulation business since the early days of FS2000. Developing in-house creations and publishing flight sim add-ons from third-party developers for various platforms including MSFS, X-Plane, and Prepar3D.
Their latest focus has been on the next-gen platforms including P3Dv5 and Microsoft's latest flight simulator, MSFS (2020) release.
Trusted by thousands of flight simmers worldwide, Just Flight is a household name in flight simulation.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.