Dassault Falcon 50EX for FSX/P3D1 reviews
*Fully compatible with P3Dv5 however please follow the installation instructions here. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v2, v3, v4, v5*
- File size
- 800 MB
French aviation experts Dassault have produced numerous business jets, but among the most popular is super mid-size, long-range business jet, the Dassault Falcon 50. This jet comes with a rich trijet layout inside, and many improvements over older Flacon models like the Falcon 20. An advanced change to wing design and various other factors ensures that the Dassault Falcon 50EX is the ideal place to start for pilots looking for something more immersive.
It first came into production in 1976 and lasted until around 2008. Production led to over 350 of the Dassault Falcon being created before progress moved on to the Dassault Falcon 900. Regularly used by the South African Air Force and the Portuguese Air Force, this was also in use by the Armee de l'Air and the Italian Air Force.
The 50EX model came with some changes over the classic Falcon 50. This includes a change to TFE 731-40 engine, as well as a newly installed APU as well as rudder control system adjustments. Add in the improved avionics and various other minor changes, and the 50EX was a significant improvement over its predecessor.
Now, pilots can take to the skies of FSX and P3D versions 3 and 4 in a Dassault Falcon 50EX of their own.
Faithfully recreated to match up with the approach of the aircraft itself, pilots can enjoy a challenging flight at the helm of a very impressive piece of French aviation history. While it might have been out of production for close to a decade, its continued daily use shows its quality. Try it out for yourself with this authentic recreation.
- A full recreation of the Dassault Falcon 50EX for FSX & P3D v3/4.
- 4096 X 4096 quality textures for the closest attention to possible.
- Bespoke, custom panel for window transparency, instrument reflections, and static elements.
- Comes with an updateable database, with AIRAC cycle 1601 (Jan 2016) included.
- Comes with optional winglets.
- New flight effects included such as wing flex animations and flexing wing effects.
- Adjusted Proline 21 included.
- Authentic flight start-up experience included for the most realistic take-off.
- FA50 flight sounds captured to help ensure the sounds and warnings are authentic.
- Click spots and switch sounds help to improve atmosphere and usability in kind.
- Cold and Dark start-up options for the easiest start-up.
- Authentic take-off run and landing rolling movement feeling.
- New customized brake sounds on taxi and landing runways.
- Improved night lighting in the cockpit and on the panels for easier visibility.
- Realistic flight behavior that ensures it flies true to the real FA50.
- Tested out by pilots to see how it handles itself in a simulated environment.
- A fully working model of the Dassault Falcon 50EX.
- 6 HD liveries that show the 50EX in various real-life livery designs.
- 1 HD blank livery that perfectly captures the look of the aircraft.
- Emergency and Normal Procedure PDF booklets.
- Performance Tables and Reference PDF guides.
- Overhead Panel Layout guides and manuals.
- Recommended Settings for P3D and FSX users.
Note: This does not come with a 2D Panel.
Carenado is a household name in the flight sim industry. If you're bought flight sim payware add-ons before, you've likely heard of Carenado. Founded in 2001 by Fernando Herrera, Carenado has covered aircraft add-ons for FS98 right up to the brand new MSFS release of 2020. Carenado is based in Santiago, Chile, and has a team of developers, designers, and 3D modelers.
Known for the prop and turboprop models that they are famous for and have focused on, they also have small business jets in their add-on portfolio too. They have even developed a model for the Dassault Falcon 50EX - likely their largest.
They have received numerous awards and accolations in the flight sim community over the years. Their support team are always on-hand and responses are always answered in timely manner.
Rated 3.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
3/5 Verified Purchase
This airplane is very good both in appearance and flight dynamics. It is very detailed and all of the systems work as they should. The only problem is that the Flight Management System uses the Navigraph data base. This would be okay except the mod states that it is for FSX/P3D. Many of the airports and waypoints that are in FSX are not in the data base and can not be entered with the FMC. A great plane but I do not recommend it for FSX.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.