- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition Only
- File size
- 79 MB
As one of the most iconic aircraft of its era, the Boeing B-29 Superfortress stands tall as a true legend of modern aviation. A hugely important aircraft for so many reasons, this flying fortress set the tone for military aviation in years to come. While it cost a whopping $3bn to build – bigger than even the Manhattan Project – the Boeing B-29 Superfortress helped to turn the tide of the Second World War in the favor of the allies.
The immense attention to detail that went into its structure was impressive, creating a machine of war that had all of its guns connected to one computer system for easier firing and accuracy. It also carried more than enough space for major warheads. In fact, the Boeing B-29 Superfortress was the aircraft used to drop the fateful nuclear arms that wiped out Nagasaki and Hiroshima in 1945, essentially ending the Second World War in the Pacific region.
After the Second World War, the Boeing B-29 Superfortress served as a multi-purpose aircraft for many groups, including the Royal Air Force. It played a crucial role in the changing and development of aviation, with the four engines it used creating a transformative change to aircraft size and power.
Aside from delivering the nuclear payload which changed the world, the Boeing B-29 Superfortress set the tone for military performance in the likes of Korean War. Right up until retirement in 1960, it was a key part of the US’ aviation fleets. Today, many Boeing B-29 Superfortress’ stand static in museums and the like, while two are still operational as of 2016.
Now, fans of the Boeing B-29 Superfortress can try out one of the most important developments in aviation in modern history. It’s big, bulky but hugely enjoyable to fly – and it’s now fully compatible with FSX: Steam Edition.
- Highly impressive attention to detail on the native FSX model, using 2048 x 2048 quality texture sets with bump-mapping to make sure that the aircraft stand out.
- New and improved virtual cockpit additions with new gauges and controls to help add extra usability to the interior of the aircraft.
- New animations included covering key changes like animated doors, bomb loads and even start-up some when you first turn on the engines.
- Animated crew move around the interior of the aircraft, all dressed in the right kind of attire and dress for this particular role.
- Fresh attention to detail on aircraft performance and dynamics, making sure that the Boeing B-29 Superfortress is fully compatible with FSX: Steam Edition.
- New sound sets produced by Sonic Solutions included, with the right sounds making sure the whole aircraft responds to your actions in both visuals and audio.
- Please note: there is no 2D panel provided with this add-on.
This add-on comes with an impressive instruction manual, helping you to get to grips with every part of the Boeing B-29 Superfortress and its general operation.
Also, a new DLC option exists for those who wish to add more to their Boeing B-29 Superfortress. This includes new and improved B-29 model variants included, a Korean War edition and also the Enola Gay edition, and also introduces seven outstanding new liveries covering key timeframes such as the Korean War.
For those who wish to be creative, this Boeing B-29 Superfortress for FSX: Steam Edition comes with a blank Adobe Photoshop solution, allowing for you to make up your own liveries.