Sound Pack Compatibility Note: This sound pack will work with any aircraft model, both freeware or payware in FSX and P3D.
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition and Prepar3D (all versions including v4)
- File size
- 225 MB
For anyone who likes to fly the Boeing 747 aircraft, it’s important that you get accurate sounding P&W JT-9D-7R4 engines. The engine is a major part of what makes an aircraft so powerful, and making sure that the sounds it can produce are of the correct standard is very important. This add-on by Turbine Sound Studios takes the audio performance of the P&W JT-9D-7R4 and transforms it.
With this Turbine Sound Studios Pilot Edition sound add-on, you make every flight in the Boeing 747 an enjoyable aircraft to fly. It adds a rich roar to the sound of the aircraft, and lets you know that you are powering up one of the most powerful engines in the business.
These sounds are designed to fit with the Boeing 747-SP, 747-100, 747-200B/F and 747-300 aircraft models. The P&W JT-9D-7R4 is a very popular aircraft engine and has been used by numerous aircraft alongside the 747. Part of what makes it such a popular engine choice is the fact it was the first high bypass ratio jet engine to be used with a wide-body airliner. Indeed, it was the first high-bypass-ratio turbofan and was used on the first ever “jumbo jet” created.
While development began as far back as 1965, it was eventually created to power the 747 after successful testing. By 1968, it was mounted on the Boeing B-52E and eventually led to it being used as the main engine of the 747. Now, you can make sure that this iconic piece of history makes the sounds that it always should.
- Impressive new internal engine sounds, letting you hear the engine gear up for usage.
- New and improved external engine sounds help to capture the roar of the engine, too.
- New wind sounds help to work with the engine, creating an interesting natural balance that is akin to what you would hear in reality.
- Cockpit environment sounds to make sure that you can hear multiple noises at once, making the cockpit as hectic as it should be.
- Gear noises are heard in response to what you ask of the aircraft, creating a very easy to enjoy the sound.
- Creative new distance and dynamic sounds help to add a much greater level of unicity to the noises that you hear, making it much more akin to flying a real aircraft.
- In total, 130 new sounds are included as part of this collection to help make sure every flight with a P&W JT-9D-7R4 engine sound as authentic as possible.