Airport London-Heathrow Scenery for X-Plane
As one of the most important airports in the world, Heathrow Airport brings in people from all across the world. The city of London, as one of the major metropolitan hubs of the civilized world, sees millions of visitors every year. Many of them choose to arrive via Heathrow. Read more...
- X-Plane 11
- File size
- 1 GB
For X-Plane 11 users, though, London-Heathrow can feel somewhat empty and hollow. This update looks to change that, adding the detail and the scale that should be present in a flagship airport.
This new add-on looks to include all five major terminals at Heathrow, as well as many new additions major and minor. As the third busiest airport in the world, this is a representation of the 42 square kilometer airport that brings people from all across the world.
With detailed buildings all across the airport, including the T2 & T2B terminals, Heathrow visits will soon feel far more populated than beforehand.
High resolution texturing is used throughout on both ground and building textures. This extra depth alongside various ground markings and taxiway layouts ensures Heathrow feels accurate to the real thing.
Various other visual effects are put into place, too, such as LOD techniques to help create a much more impressive visual finish without a detrimental impact on performance.
For Londoners or those who have traveled to/from London Heathrow, this should create a far more familiar flying experience. Not only does the airport now feel more alive, but the X-Plane 11 level quality detail makes sure it never feels out of place.
Keep Heathrow part of the X-Plane 11 world whilst improving the quality massively with this X-plane specific update.
- Realistic recreation of London Heathrow, including around 42 square kilometers of detail.
- Buildings are brought to life with attentive detail in the scale, size, and texturing.
- Major buildings that were previously missing were included, including T2 and T2B terminals.
- AutoGate compatible, with Safegate and other dockings included at all gates.
- Self-shadowing and raytraced night lighting help to create authentic shadowing throughout.
- 30cm/pixel ground textures used for every part of the airport to improve detail.
- Ground markings and taxiways are authentically marked out as they should be.
- Taxiway layouts match-up with the new rapid taxiway links and runway exit points.
- Autogen points are carefully placed to help create an authentic Heathrow airport.
- X-Plane 11 ground textures blend in seamlessly with what has been added for effect.
- Apron traffic moves freely and authentically up and down the runways with ease.
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.